How to Get Rid of Pimples and Prevent Them From Coming Back!
Pimples can seem to come out of nowhere, overnight! How frustrating to wake up to a "break out" along the T-zone of the face or on the cheeks.
Why do we get these annoying red blemishes? There is more than one reason, just as there is more than one cure. Often you are getting these blemishes because of normal hormonal changes that are taking place within your body which creates excess oils in the skin, which in turn also cause your pores to block, causing a "mini" infection in the skin. The white that you see is your white blood cells trying to fight off the infection.
I know you are probably thinking I do not really care why this is happening to my skin, just tell me how to prevent pimples from happening in the first place!
There are many products (many very expensive) on the market that claim to get rid of pimples and create perfect skin. It is true, many of these products can help you with your acne, but I think that many teenagers and adults can prevent normal blemishes through proper skin care techniques.
I do want to stress that if you honestly struggle with inflamed skin with deep cystic pimples, seeing your dermatologist is most likely a smart move. They can offer advice beyond what I am able to prescribe products that are made specifically for conditions beyond the bothersome pimple.
Don't Pop Your Zit!
How to Get Rid of Pimples --Fast!
Okay, tomorrow is prom (or your wedding, reunion, big date!) and you wake up to a couple huge pimples! What is the best strategy to get rid of them so that you have clear skin tomorrow?
Here are a few suggestions:
1. Apply a spot treatment that contains either benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid. Make sure not to over apply as you don't want to create peeling flaky skin. Just a tiny bit on the head of the pimple should work fine.
2. You can use a cold compress on the pimples which will reduce the swelling and redness. This will also be helpful for those pimples that are "brewing" under the skin.
3. If these easier treatments are not working, then you can apply a sulfur mask that can be found at most stores. Read the directions and see if it for spot treatment of for your whole face.
4. Get in to see your dermatologist or etestian. They may be able to zap it or inject it with cortisone, depending on the degree that the pore is infected.
5. Make sure you don't pop the pimple! Oh, I know this is hard, but let your body do what it is naturally inclined to do! When you pop a pimple you just open it up for more bacteria and make the healing process that much longer. Instead, try number one and/or two above first.
A List Of Home Remedies That Show How to Get Rid of Pimples
Best Way to Prevent Pimples
The best way to prevent pimples and keep your skin clear and healthy is the age old, yet true testament:
1. Wash your face morning and night with a gentle cleanser. If you are more prone to acne then use one that is specifically made for to prevent acne.
2. Use an oil-free light weight moisturizer after cleansing.
3. Eat a balanced diet.
4. Get regular exercise.
5. AND, get plenty of rest.
The more you live and practice a healthy lifestyle, the less prone you will be to get pimples.
Pimples are normal, but there are ways to get rid of them fast, and also ways to keep them from coming back on a LESS regular schedule!