I Never Thought Of That IX....Healthful Tips...Help for Earaches
Have you ever thought of this
I've decided to do an all natural cures article for the series. So here goes.
- One of my all time favorites is the garlic in the ear cure. What that means, is, for an earache I use oil and garlic. When I was young we used to call the oil sweet oil, but I just use olive oil, because I don't know what sweet oil is. The remedy goes something like this. Heat a few drops of olive oil in a spoon, and when it's cool to the touch take a cotton ball and dip it into the oil and squeeze the oil in the ear. The oil serves to soothe the pain. Then cut a piece of a fresh garlic clove, (make it too large to get lost in the ear), and insert it into the ear covering the ear canal, then use the oil soaked cotton ball to cover the garlic. Next use surgical tape to keep the cotton and garlic in the ear. If caught soon enough one night is enough. But if the infection is well entrenched it could take up to three days for the cure to work. I used this remedy for all of my five children, never taking them to the doctor passed the first diagnosis, and not using the medicine that most used for the cure . I even learned how to tell if it was an earache, after the first child, eliminating the need to take them to the doctor for the diagnosis.
- I just read a good one, I will try when the need arises. This one involves Achy muscles from a bout with the flu. The remedy is to mix one tablespoon of horseradish in 1 cup of olive oil, letting the mixture stand for about 30 minutes. Then apply it to the affected areas as a massage oil for instant relief.
- Here is a natural cure for urinary tract infection. Alka-Seltzer, who knew. Just by dissolving two tablets in a glass of water and drinking it at the onset of the symptoms begins to eliminate the infection. This remedy is touted as being an instantaneous cure.
- Have you ever heard of this one? When I was young I used to get canker sores on a regular basis. My mother would give me an over the counter laxative, (ex-lax). Here's how it works, at the first sign of a canker, or cold sore I take an over the counter laxative the night of, and for me it's history the next morning. This remedy has worked for everyone that I've given it to. I've tried it with natural laxatives, but it doesn't work as well. So although I advocate natural cures, there are times when over the counter does come in handy.
- One cure for first degree burns, you know the kind where you touch your hand or any other part of the body to a hot item. Not the kind where you're severely burned and need medical care. Anyway the suggestion is honey, yes honey applied to the affected area. Another that sounds good if you don't have honey is to use egg white. But the first defense is rinsing with cold water, then on to any of these other remedies.
I actually have more of these home remedies, so I'll return to this kind of article in the future. See you in the next installment.
Check out these hubs
- Home Remedies with Ginger
Ginger - The constituents and benefits. This hub also give the recipes for some home remedies using Ginger.
- 10 Home Remedies for Toothache Pain
I am convinced that there is no pain worse than tooth pain. There may be pain thats more searing but there is no pain that continues as long in such a throbbing uncomfortable manner. Toothache pain is...
© 2010 Alfreta Sailor
More by this Author
Candida is a little known and often misdiagnosed condition most of us unknowingly contend with regularly. Unknown to most candida appears in various forms, thrush, athlete's foot and more.
Do you sometimes feel down, maybe for extended periods? Have you ever wondered if you're really depressed? Read on and see if your questions are answered.
Do you use garlic just as a seasoning for your favorite dishes? Why not step out of your comfort zone, and try using it in other ways. For instance, how about using garlic to help clear up an ear infection or...