I Never Thought Of That X....Healthful Tips...Sore Throat Remedy
Ever Thought Of These Natural Cures
We're staying with the trend of the previous article in the series, and offering natural remedies for minor ailments. In this one we'll find out what we can do to bring a boil to a head, a few suggestions to remedy a sore throat and more. With these suggestions we need only to open our kitchen pantry.
- Want to bring a boil to a head naturally, here's how. What about using tomato paste, yes I said tomato paste. Here it is, cover the boil with the paste as you would a compress. Not only does it soothe the pain, but it also brings the boil to a head.
- Here are a few more remedies for a bad sore throat. Make a gargle with not only the usual warm water and salt, but another suggestion is warm water and lemon juice or warm water and vinegar. Here is another more involved, but effective method: Mix the oil of a whole garlic clove in a bowl with cayenne pepper and warm salt water, then soak a clean cloth in the mixture and tie it around your neck for instant relief.
- I think this is one most have thought of, however I'll list it anyway. A kitchen cure, for toothache. That is chewing on a whole cloves, (found in the spice department of your local food store). It's said that the the eugenol oil in cloves has a powerful infection fighting effect, and is also a mild anesthetic.
- Bad breath? You can't seem to get rid of it, after you've brushed, flossed, gargled, and still you blow into your hand and reel from the foul smell. Worse yet, you're talking to someone and you can see the discomfort on their face. After ascertaining that it's just bad breath, and not anything more serious, simply chew on a sprig of parsley after each meal. However, here is a cautionary point. "Consumed in large quantities, parsley may cause miscarriage, liver and kidney damage, internal hemorrhage, inflammation of the nerves, and allergic reaction to the skin and mucus membranes. Large amounts of parsley should NEVER be consumed by pregnant women or those with liver disease."
- Laryngitis? Kitchen remedy style, put some lemon juice and honey in a tablespoon add a pinch of cayenne and suck on it, providing you can stand the cayenne pepper. Do this as often as necessary for relief from the ailment. Of course, be sure that you have laryngitis and not anything more serious.
- Another kitchen remedy for Headache, coffee, yes, simple as that. It has to be caffeinated coffee, because the caffeine constricts blood vessels and is an ingredient in many pain relievers. Ever had one of those pounding headaches when you least could afford one, i.e. a meeting, test, dinner party, etc, and you needed to get rid of it fast. What I've done, which is rare, because I rarely have headaches, anyway I take a dose of aspirin and drink a cup of coffee and sit quietly for about 10 minutes, and voila, no more headache. Of course, this is only for those of us who can tolerate aspirin.
I hope you find at least one of these to be of benefit to you, or someone you know.
- I Never Thought Of That VII
Hey I got a good one. Do you have that "friend" that calls you up and it's always all about them, and you just have to sit and listen, and make an obligatory comment every now and then. Don't avoid their...
- I Never Thought Of That VIII
Are you constantly tightening your eyeglass screws? Most of us that wear glasses for any reason can answer in the affirmative, so here's a really good tip. Apply a little clear nail polish to the threads of...
- I Never Thought Of That IX
I've decided to do an all natural cures article for the series. So here goes. One of my all time favorites is the garlic in the ear cure. What that means, is, for an earache I use oil and garlic. ...
More by this Author
Do you sometimes feel down, maybe for extended periods? Have you ever wondered if you're really depressed? Read on and see if your questions are answered.
Candida is a little known and often misdiagnosed condition most of us unknowingly contend with regularly. Unknown to most candida appears in various forms, thrush, athlete's foot and more.
One of our all time favorite comedians, Sinbad.