Improving Your Vision
Naturally Improving Vision
Improving Your Vision Naturally
If you are anything like me you've experienced the pain of eyestrain and the older you get the less sharp your vision seems to be. As we all age our power of sight begins to deteriorate. We can slow this process by using simple and natural processes. We will go over them here.
Exercising Your Eyes:
- Three to four times a days open and close your eyes tightly at a rapid pace. This helps the eyes adjust from light to dark.
- Palm your eyes from right to left. Cover the eye for five minutes making sure you pressure is on the eyeball itself.
Meditation and Stress Relief:
- Stress has been shown to have an effect on ocular health. Try meditation and breathing exercises to relieve stress.
- Go for a walk when you are feeling stressed out and when time allows.
- Lack of sleep causes eyestrain, get at least eight hours of sleep a night. This will help to improve your vision.
- Diets where one eats kale, turnip greens, collard greens, romaine lettuce, broccoli, garden peas, and Brussels sprouts will provide your body with lutein a carotenoid that is good for eye health.
- Lutein and bilberry supplements will help fight macular degeneration and blood vessel strength in the eyes. Bilberry also helps improve night vision.
- Omega 3 fatty acids also help improve a persons vision.
Just doing these simple things daily will keep your vision crisp and clear. Always see a doctor or health care professional before changing your diet or making other life changes.
More by this Author
Learn about Oregon's natural wild mushrooms and truffles. Learn about their seasons and environments and how to collect them to be used in your food.
This article is about how the brain works and how binary beats and flashing lights can influence the brain and its functions.
A look into rapid hypnotic induction, this guide demonstrates two ways to put someone into a quick trance.