Healing After Abuse: safe-at-last's Inspiration For Heart, Mind & Soul
In this hub I have included some of my quotes and messages that were directed towards fellow AngelAgents, strivers, thrivers, victims and/or survivors of abuse. Not every quote will work for every person, so go for the ones that make you feel good and ignore the ones that don't. Please feel free to use them, but please remember to credit me (Mel Stewart or safe-at-last) for all quotes as all my writing is under the following copyright:
Copyright © 2010 Mel Stewart, "safe-at-last" of Perth, Western Australia, and Licensors Nodtronics Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.
- "Broken hearts are what give us strength and understanding and compassion. A heart that has never been broken is pristine and sterile and will never know the joy of being imperfect." - Anon
- When our hearts are filled with faith and love and our minds know hope and joy, our lives abound with peace and laughter.
- It's OK to cry. Let it all out. If your kids see you crying, so be it. Let them know it's OK for parents to cry, and it's OK for them to cry too. Remind them that crying makes us human. Tell them that despite our tears, the sun will still come up tomorrow, and its Light will shine upon our smiles once more...
- Not all pain is bad. not all pain HAS to be avoided. Some pain is a part of love and life, and some pain may even bring its own joy, and its own healing, and should not be denied.
- There are some things we'll never get over. Some people we'll always miss. Some who have hurt us so much, that we think we'll never recover. It's not fair, but that's just the way it is.We still have to keep on going on, the best we can. I'll be fine. You'll be fine. We'll be fine.We are still here.You are not alone.You will never be alone.Just don't forget to breath, don't forget about you and don't forget about me.
- Self respect comes from within, from reaching for your dreams, from the satisfaction of achievement, from knowing you have something to offer, from inspiring others to greater things, from giving of yourself for the greater good, from providing people with an insight that will foster empathy, from sharing your knowledge with those who seek enlightenment, from the pride felt with each small success, from having a sense of purpose that gives you direction, from forgiving yourself for your mistakes, from gaining wisdom from your experiences, and from never giving in to failure, but always having the courage to try again.
- The world could collapse around my ears, and I'd still know how to adapt to the change and rebuild on the ruins.
- The emotional and psychological scars will, eventually, become badges of honor, wisdom, courage, strength, compassion, empathy, achievement and LOVE. The thing to remember is that the psychological scars are, at first, "psychiatric injuries", and they WILL eventually heal. It may take up to 5 years, but they will one day be simply memories, that can be thought of with only a touch of sadness, rather than refreshed pain.
- Freedom for me meant trusting myself instead of him! Your perpetrator will try to make you think you're crazy - You're NOT! Trust your own instinct, intelligence and strength! Use emotions such as fear and anger as the warning and motivational mechanisms they were designed to be. Trust your OWN mind and body! Walk FREE!
- Let your mind free to see what it finds. Let your imagination free and enjoy what you see! Let your soul sing out loud and do yourself proud! Give of yourself for the greater good, so that we all may live in a better world! Let your Light shine bright by doing what is RIGHT!
- Never forget how powerful thoughts can be. Try not to worry too much. Save all the painful memories, feelings of hurt, confusion, anger & fear for those hours when you are with your counselor. If you ruminate, you'll just get stuck into a different kind of rut. The more you practice being positive, by thinking & talking positively, the easier it will become, until it just comes naturally.
- As powerful as some bullies, abusers and criminals may be, just like the common or regular bully, abuser or criminal, they fear the Light, exposure and loss of that control that makes them powerful. Take back that control by taking control of your own behavior! Only you can do anything about it. Get help to RESIST. Ask for HELP and INFORMATION!!!!
- Don't waste time hating anyone. Hate only feeds the darkness and leaves you cold, alone and empty. Forgive People. Do not forgive someone for the purpose of giving them another chance, but to give yourself the chance to let go. Then forgive yourself too. Take responsibility of your own happiness and be the author of your own destiny. Find the Light and add your own to its brilliance!
Are you a victim of abuse? Make a D.E.A.L. with yourself to become a survivor!
D - Discover, Decide, Disclose, Devise, Develop, Discuss, Design, Dare, Dream!
E - Evolve, Engage, Educate, Empathize, Enlighten, Encourage, Enable!
A - Act, Aspire, Accommodate, Advance, Advocate, Aid, Achieve, Amaze!
L - Look, Listen, Learn, Laugh, Live, Lead into the LIGHT, Love!
Please join me on FaceBook
- STOP the Violence Against Women & Children
Organize to Resist! Together we can take on the Predators! Let's Break the Silence to End the Violence by working together to make our voices a Resounding SHOUT!!! Perpetrators BEWARE - you don't stand a chance!
All names in this article have been changed for legal purposes and to protect the privacy of the Author. Except where otherwise credited, or where text forms part of an external link, this article is under the following copyright:
Copyright © 2010 Mel Stewart, "safe-at-last", of Perth, Western Australia. All rights reserved.
All persons, places and objects shown in the images in this hub are are shown for illustrative purposes only. They bear no relation to any real person or event. All persons shown are paid models. Unless otherwise credited, all images are under the following copyright:
Copyright © 2010 Mel Stewart, "safe-at-last" and Licensors Nodtronics Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.
More by this Author
Below is a letter I wrote to my best friend, who had lost his self respect, and was struggling with his feelings following a difficult period of time in his life... Dear B.F. I know you are angry and that you think...
True inner peace, real fulfillment, real living, all of that involves getting involved: experiencing, participating, engaging, finding, losing, grieving, celebrating, giving,receiving, sharing, failing, succeeding,...
In This Hub: Emotional, Mental & Psychological Abuse - Killing With Words; Signs of Domestic Violence & Emotional Abuse Tactics; Why Domestic Violence is Often Overlooked; Violence, Power & Control Wheel;...