Indigestion Remedies for Children
Indigestion, also known as dyspepsia, is a term used to describe one or more symptoms including a feeling of fullness during a meal, or uncomfortable fullness after a meal. Indigestion is common in children and adults and is caused by dietary errors. You should avoid fried foods, spicy foods, caffeinated drinks, alcohol, smoking and fatty foods. These foods and drinks often cause abdominal discomfort and gas. Below you will find indigestion remedies for children.
To prevent indigestion:
- Never lay down after a meal
- Allow 2-3 hours between eating and bedtime
- Eat slowly
Top 10 indigestion remedies for children:
Symptoms of indigestion:
Some of the symptoms of indigestion include abdominal pain, heartburn, feeling of fullness, nausea, vomitting, excessive gas, bad taste in the mouth, foul breath, bubbling sound in stomach, pain and heaviness in abdomen and sleeplessness.
1. Oranges: Oranges are rich in vitamin C, carotene, iron and phosphorus. It boosts the immune system and cleanses the body. It also helps to relieve acidity. It supply nutrients and stimulates the flow of digestive juices, thereby improving digestion problems and increases appetite. Squeeze the orange, add sugar and water. Filter the juice and it is ready to drink. Oranges is one of the effective remedy for chronic digestion.
2. Lemon: Lemon juice is a great idea for indigestion in children. The best way to relieve indigestion with the help of lemon juice is squeeze 1 whole lemon and filter the juice. Add warm water, sugar and stir well. Drink the lemon jucie as it fights against bacteria. Lemon juice is also used as part of a cleansing process to rid the body of gallstones.
3. Grapefruit and pineapple: Grape fruit is useful for indigestion. It relieves heat and stomach irritation. Grapefruit can also help prevent stone formations. You can take grapefruit at the beginning of the meal stimulates the appetite and helps in digestion for adults and children. Pineapple relieves digestive disorders.
4. You can also take one one spoonful of ginger juice, lemon juice, and two spoonfuls of honey and drink it. It is another great remedy for indigestion.
More simple indigestion remedies
5. You can take slice of fresh ginger with lemon juice before a big meal.
6. Mint: Mint juice sweetened with honey is also beneficial in the treatment of indigestion.
7. You can also increase the use of garlic and ginger in your child's daily diet.
8. The simplest home remedy is to drink 2 glasses of warm water and is a great home remedy for indigestion.
9. Peppermint is also good for indigestion.
10. Exercises: Exercises such as bicycling, swimming and walking is also help digestion.
11. Yogic practices are also useful for indigestion in children.
More by this Author
Gastroparesis Gastroparesis also called delayed stomach emptying is a disorder in which the stomach takes too long to empty its contents. It occurs when the vagus nerve is damaged and the muscles of the stomach and...
Constipation is a common health problem in children. Constipation is defined as infrequent passage of bowel movements or passage of hard stools. The common symptoms of constipation are infrequent and difficult bowel...
Wondering what you can and can't eat if you have H. Pylori? Read on for a list of foods to avoid and foods you should make a point to eat.