Inspirational Quotes to Brighten Your Day
Who doesn't need an inspiring quote for a better day? I certainly do. Since January 2011, I've been clipping quotes to brighten my days, as inspired (for me) by reading The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. Listed here are my top 17. Please leave your favorite quotes in the comments section.
1. Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. ~ Hebrews 12:1
2. Every day do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow. ~ Doug Firebaugh
3. Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
4. A little thing comforts us because a little thing afflicts us. ~ Pascal
5. See everything; overlook a great deal; correct a little. ~ Pope John XXIII
6. We shall never have more time. We have, and always had, all the time there is. No object is served in waiting until next week or even until tomorrow. Keep going . . . Concentrate on something useful. ~ Arnold Bennett
7. If you think the whole world is wrong, remember it is filled with people like you. ~ can't remember the writer of this gem
8. It's the simplest properties that will help you clear yourself of negativity . . . The profound power of a simple prayer. The strength of a deep breath. The gentle guidance of good music. ~ Jeffrey Wands
9. Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~ Leo F. Buscaglia
10. A happy woman is one who has no cares at all; a cheerful woman is one who has cares but doesn't let them get her down. ~ Beverly Sills
11. The Constitution only guarantees the American people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself. ~ Benjamin Franklin
12. Great passions are for the great of soul, and great events can be seen only by those who are on level with them. ~ Oscar Wilde
13. My favorite thing to do is go where I've never been. ~ Diane Arbus
14. In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks. ~ John Muir
15. If you make it a habit not to blame others, you will feel the growth of the ability to love in your soul, and you will see the growth of goodness in your life. ~ Leo Tolstoy
16. Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it. ~ P.J. O'Rourke
17. Gratitude is an art of painting an adversity into a lovely picture. ~ Kak Sri
More by this Author
As a high school band parent, I have read about and observed firsthand that there are numerous benefits to being a part of the high school band.
There are so many things to do in the Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, area. There quite a few indoor attractions if the weather doesn't permit doing the outdoor ones. Here are my favorites.
Camping in the Southeast United States offers a variety of experiences, from the beach to mountains. Here are six favorites.