Instead of sitting up,maybe at the computer,all day.
Maybe you should lie on your back?
- Have a mat that will not allow you to get a chill from the floor. I use a folded 8' x 8' heavy plastic mat.
- Just lie back.
- Stretch your legs out.
- On the next in-breath, lift a leg.
- On the out-breath, breath out through the nose and bring the whole leg over the other outstretched one.
- Hold it there for a while, enjoying the time out.
- On the next in-breath, lift the leg back up, and hold it up with consciousness on the breath.
- Letting the breath go, gently let the leg go back down to the floor.
- Both legs should be beside each other again now.
- On the next in-breath, lift the other leg up.
- Swing the leg over the other leg like in a scissor movement on the out-breath.
- Hold the leg and the breath there without straining.
- Do not force yourself at anytime.
- When you next breathe in, lift up the leg up with the breath in tune with your movement.
- Keep the leg up in the air stretched out and a little parallel with your other leg.
- On the next out-breath, bring the straightened leg back down to the floor.
- Feel your back straightening out, and give it a little help, feeling stretched out on the mat.
- You should be comfortable, at peace with the world, and you should enjoy to do about twenty more.
- Next, you can bring your knee up towards your chest as well as lifting the leg up.This will help you get a deeper breath than before, and the gentler exercise of the straight legs will allow you a little more power to do this. Do another twenty perhaps.
- As before, do one side and then the other.
- Do not worry if you are seen doing this , your partner will see you as they might a cute cat or puppy. You are relaxed enough to respond well.
- When you feel satisfied, you can lie there and let the energies sink in.
- For advanced people, you may remember to do back stands, side stands, head stands and other exercises you may have learned once, a long time ago.
- Perhaps untrained people could enjoy a hump backed cat stretch done on two knees and two hands whilst facing down and maybe forwards a little.
More by this Author
Fireworks displays are beautiful when sitting unlit, beautiful when potential dangers are known by any that handle them, and beautiful when different effects that they deliver can be named.
Every afternoon between about 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM, millions of people start to feel sluggish and sleepy. Concentration on the job becomes more difficult and the desire to just lie down and take a nap is overwhelming. ...