Interested in Aromatherapy? There’s an App for That
Aromatherapy is a form of healing that is becoming increasingly interesting to people. One of the reasons for this is because daily life has become a lot more stressful. Technology has aided us in many ways but it has also added stress to our lives. Aromatherapy is an easy and affordable way to reduce the feelings and effects of stress. How ironic that the technology that is helping to cause the stress might also be helping everyday people find a cure. That’s the case, though, because there is a new iPhone app available that can assist people in learning all that they might want to know about aromatherapy.
A little bit about aromatherapy
To give you a little bit of background, aromatherapy uses different scents derived from nature to assist people in healing. Aromatherapy is something that can be done by anyone. In fact, you are probably already at least somewhat familiar with how it works. If you’ve ever inhaled a lavender lotion or breathed in the scent of fresh pine and felt rejuvenated then you’ve experienced the benefits of aromatherapy.
Of course, there’s a little bit more to aromatherapy than just this. There are many different oils that can be inhaled, consumed or applied topically to benefit people with their scents. These different scents can have different effects. More importantly, different scents can be combined together to more effectively promote healing for a variety of ailments. Aromatherapy healers and experts can help you to experience this more advanced degree of the art.
Why people are interested in aromatherapy today
There is a growing interest in aromatherapy today. There are many different reasons for this growing interest. Some of those reasons include:
· Greater acceptance of non-traditional methods of healing. We are seeing more and more acceptance of alternative healing methods such as aromatherapy. Even people who regularly go to doctors may incorporate non-traditional healing methods into their health care routine.
· People are stressed out. There are a lot of reasons that people experience stress today. We are facing a tough economic situation. We are living during a turbulent political time. We are using technology that keeps us constantly in touch and “turned on” and “tuned in”. A feeling of stress is normal but we don’t like it. Aromatherapy has proven to be particularly useful in reducing stress so it’s definitely of interest to people today.
· Preventative care is on the rise. Aromatherapy is a method of treating health problems before they become serious. With health care costs high, people are focusing on these types of preventative measures more and more.
The new aromatherapy app
In order to benefit all of these people who are interested in aromatherapy in the modern world, there is a new iPhone app. It is called Live an Aromatic Life with Aura Cacia. It is a free app that can be downloaded from the iTunes store and used on an iPhone or an iPod touch. It was developed by experts in aromatherapy and is reported to be a highly accurate way to obtain information about aromatherapy and how to use it to improve your own life.
Some of the things that you might want to know about this aromatherapy app include:
· You can use it to learn about individual scents used in aromatherapy. Is there a scent that you particularly like and you want to know more about its healing properties. Use this app to look it up. You will learn all about the particular benefits and uses of individual scents.
· Learn how different scents can be combined to create various healing oils. There are many different combinations of aromatherapy oils that can be used to treat different ailments. This app shows you many of those combinations.
· Find recipes for treating different conditions. Maybe you want to know how to make a soothing aromatherapy bath to reduce your stress. Perhaps you want to create an oil that can be dabbed on the wrists at work when you are feeling anxious about something. You can use the many different simple recipes described through this iPhone app to create what you are seeking.
· The app isn’t finished yet. It’s ready to go and you can download it and use it. However, there are many new features planned for it. You will be able to automatically upload those features to your iPhone so that you can get the latest interactive news and information about aromatherapy right on your phone.
Why an app?
You might be wondering why you would want to receive this information through an iPhone app rather than through web research. The answer is simple: it’s highly mobile. When you’re already at the store, looking at essential oils, you can turn your app on and find out exactly what it is that you want to buy. As you are looking at aromatherapy information, you can easily switch over to your GPS mapping to find an aromatherapy healer in your area who can provide the treatment that you are seeking. The mobility and ease of use of this new aromatherapy app are what make it appealing in comparison to other methods of learning all that there is to know about aromatherapy. Not everything about today’s technology is good. Some of it causes stress and produces problems in our lives. However, this same technology can be used as solutions to those very problems. This iPhone app is a great example of that.
More by this Author
- EDITOR'S CHOICE19
1. Fresh onion or garlic2. Clove oil3. Ice or heat4. Liquor5. Extracts6. Warm salt water7. Salt and pepper8. Wheatgrass9. Limes and lemons10. Tea bags I am convinced that there is no pain worse than tooth pain. There...
There are many different things that you can do to ease anxiety. Aromatherapy is one option for people who are seeking natural and alternative cures for their anxiety. Although aromatherapy alone might not cure your...
How can you tell if your mushrooms are turning bad? Find out the most common signs to look for before throwing them out.