Interstitial Cystitis-Life Without Pain
A Life Without Pain Is Possible
Interstitial Cystitis is a condition where the bladder becomes hardened and the lining of the bladder wall becomes damaged, thins and erodes. It is a painful and debilitating disorder that affects more than four million people in the United States alone. Interstitial Cystitis affects the entire urinary tract. Even children can be afflicted with Interstitial Cystitis. It falls into the diagnosis of an autoimmune disorder. Enzymes and phyto-nutrients have been shown to help in these disorders by optimizing the immune system.
I decided to research and write this article because a friend suffers from Interstitial Cystitis and some days cannot even get out of bed because of the pain. I pray this information will increase awareness of this condition, promote relief through diet and a healthy lifestyle and bring much needed support to people who suffer from Interstitial Cystitis.
My research has determined that the foods and liquids consumed make a huge difference to the person struggling to live a productive and pain free life. Without a doubt, changing the environment within the body from a state of acidity to alkaline causes an immediate reduction in pain and pressure in the bladder.
This means one must give up some favorite foods and drinks. Avoid soft drinks especially the citrus flavors. Choose instead to consume alkaline water and lots of it. Many health food stores sell alkaline water by the gallon and one can even purchase a machine to make the water (see link below). I am also including a link to a water pitcher that is easy to use and affordable and will make tap water into alkaline water while retaining the minerals. However, a teaspoon of baking soda added to a gallon of water increases the alkalinity and is very inexpensive. I choose this option for my home and family.
Some other inexpensive ways to see relief from Interstitial Cystitis are through the use of herbs and other natural products.
· Lemongrass tea has been proved effective as reported in forum postings. It is helps detoxify the liver, pancreas, kidney, bladder and digestive tract.
· Also, colloidal silver has received positive feedback from users. It eliminates infections in the body that are almost always present and create to Interstitial Cystitis pain and afflictions.
· Serrapeptase is another natural support which helps to relieve inflammation and digests protein matter left in the bladder by the deterioration of the bladder walls and linings that are eroded.
· Zell Oxygen reduces Candida symptoms and improves cellular regeneration and strengthens the immune system
· Sea Greens or seaweed is the world's most alkaline-forming food and provides nutrients and vitamins lacking from the average person’s diet. Seagreens help the body to retain its alkaline/acid balance and acts as a detoxifier by removing heavy metals and pollution buildup in the body. It cleans the kidneys, keeping harmful contaminants from entering the bladder and contributing to Interstitial Cystitis flare-ups.
· Beets are a power food, promote natural healing and detoxification through their healing properties and are high in alkalinity.
· Turmeric is another healer. Add turmeric powder to almost any food and sprinkle over popcorn to add flavor and contribute to the daily diet. It is almost tasteless in a powered for and adds a lovely yellow to foods.
Any food that we eat releases an alkaline or an acid into blood and tissues of the body depending on the mineral compounds it contains. So it is vital to know what you are eating when dealing with a chronic condition such as Interstitial Cystitis. Some Alkaline foods are: almonds, fresh coconut, chestnuts alfalfa sprouts, radish sprouts, unsprouted sesame, unsalted butter, milk, cream, goat’s milk, eggs, string, soy, lima, green, and snap beans, peas, potatoes, arrowroot flour, flax, millet, quinoa, and amaranth, most herbal teas, garlic, cayenne, gelatin, most herbs, most spices, vanilla extract, miso, unprocessed sea salt, brewer’s yeast, unprocessed cold-pressed oils, whey, plain yogurt, raw honey, dried sugar cane juice, brown rice syrup alfalfa, barley grass, beet greens, beets, broccoli, cabbage, carrot cauliflower, celery chard, greens, collard greens, cucumber, dandelions, edible flowers, eggplant, fermented veggies, garlic, green beans, green peas, kale, lettuce, mushrooms, mustard greens, onions, parsnips, peas, peppers, pumpkin, radishes, rutabaga, sea veggies, spinach, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, watercress, wheat grass, wild greens, dandelion root, apple, apricot, avocado, bananas, berries,, cantaloupe, cherries, currants, dried dates, dried figs, grapes, grapefruit, honeydew melon, lemon, lime, muskmelons, nectarine, orange, peach, pear, pineapple, raisins, raspberries, rhubarb, strawberries, tangerine, tomato, tropical fruits, watermelon
A local natural doctor that I trust without question recommended a product called
D-Mannose CranActin. He said using this along with the alkaline water will take care of the problem and continued alkaline therapy will prevent recurrence.
Other products that received rave reviews and testimonials online are:
· DMSO NOTE: The FDA has approved DMSO only for use as a preservative of organs for transplant and for interstitial cystitis!
- Calcium citrate alkalinizes the urine
- Bromelain provides anti-inflammatory action.
- Gotu kola It enhances the integrity of connective tissue by stimulating production of glycosaminoglycans, which are an integral component of the protective mucous layer in the bladder.
- Buchu A diuretic and antiseptic for the urinary system.
- Cleavers A urinary tract tonic.
- Corn silk Soothing and diuretic properties.
- Horsetail Astringent and tissue-healing.
- Marshmallow root Has soothing properties, soak the herb in cold water for several hours, strain, and drink.
- Usnea Soothing and antiseptic properties.
- Apis mellifica—For stinging pain that is worse with heat.
- Cantharis—For urgency with burning, scalding urination.
- Staphysagria—For a urinary tract infection that is the result of sexual intercourse.
- Sarsaparilla—For pain that burns after urination.
PLEASE READ THIS COPYRIGHT NOTICE
All photographs and text on this site are protected under United States and international copyright laws (© Brenda Barnes) with all rights reserved.
Some Helpful Links
More by this Author
Beets are one of nature's most healthful foods. Packed with minerals and vitamins, they provide essential nutrients. Find out how to prepare beets and beet greens.
Research is proving the effectiveness of natural foods and herbs in preventing and treating disease. Turmeric is one that I have found to be a powerful aid.
The case of abused child Mary Ellen Wilson captured the nation's attention because the President of the American Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals was instrumental is securing her rescue from the abusive...