Intuition and Your Mind
Intuition is one of your minds faculties. It is given to every one of us without exception, but not everyone uses it or even knows they have it. Intuition can sometimes be called your psychic sense, but whatever you call it, it is real and can be used by everyone.
When I was a child I had a strong desire to learn about myself. I was raised in an environment that I struggled in and I felt dis-empowered most every day. This dis-empowerment is what lead me to want to understand who I am, why I'm here and what I came here to do. You see, I never felt like my existence was happen stance. I believed, and still do, that we all have a reason and purpose. Our reason or purpose is what gently guides us in the background of our life allowing us to make choices along the way. Some of us feel greatness inside, but never truly own our greatness because we allow fear to guide us and make choices for us...but that's a whole other subject. My desire to discover why I existed lead me to the discovery and understanding of a powerful ability that we all have, Intuition.
First of all, in modern days intuition is being defined as something that is expected. In my experience and in most cases the intuition is not what is expected at all!! Intuition is a feeling, a knowing that comes from deep within and most of the time you can't explain how you know, you just do. This may not be solid enough for many people to believe, but most every single one of us have had times when we have used our intuition either knowingly or unknowingly. Some have had vivid dreams and when they woke up they knew that the dream was going to happen, and it did. And some people can tap into their intuition, at will, and get vivid pictures in their minds eye of what is going to happen. These people are generally referred to as being psychic. Now, rather you want to believe in that very real ability or not is totally beside the point. The point is that you were born with the ability to use your intuition and some of us do this while others don't and choose to not believe in it. And the beautiful thing about being you is that you can do that. It's always your choice.
However, I want to talk more about the ability to tap into your intuition to see the future for yourself or others. First of all, your future and everyone else's future can and does change. When someone says they can intuitively feel something bad about to happen what they are tapping into is if everything stays the same as it is in that very moment then what they are feeling has a very likely chance of happening. But it can change especially if what you are intuitively picking up is about someone else. That other person can change their way of being, thinking or doing and change the outcome of what you are picking up.
Let's go even bigger with this and say someone has picked up intuitively that something bad is going to happen to the planet. The intuitive person feels in their gut that something is about to change and that it is going to effect a lot of people and they feel like it's something bad. Well, rather something is good or bad is more a perception based on that person's current beliefs. What if they felt it was bad because it was change and many people resist change? Does that necessarily mean it is bad? Also, if others are involved then there is every chance that it may not happen because we all have choice.
I don't want to get too deep and perhaps I already have, but just know that we all have a faculty of the mind called intuition. This intuition is a gut knowing that you don't necessarily know how you know but you do. It is, however, very real. But realize, when it comes to other people, your intuition can only pick up where they are currently.
How do I know it's my Intuition?
Your intuition comes as a knowing feeling. This feeling is not an emotional feeling, but a body sensation. I know when something is right for me because my body gives me a feeling of lightness in my gut. When something isn't right for me my gut responds by feeling heavy or slightly icky. Your body has it's own way of responding and talking to you and it's about tuning in and learning about your body so you can tap into your intuition.
If you are interested in developing your intuition then here are my suggestion:
- Everyday choose a time (generally morning and evening, after waking and before bed) when you can clear your head of your worries.
- Allow this time to be your connection to nothing, God, the Universe, your higher Self, whatever your current belief is allow yourself to let go of your earthly worries and focus your attention on what you believe. If you don't have a belief in something higher than yourself then simply focus on your breath.
- During this time you will notice that the mind still wants to think. Allow it to think, but watch the thoughts. Don't follow them and engage with them, just watch them for about 1-2 minutes.
- After the 1-2 minutes of observing your thoughts try to focus your mind on your breath, God, Universe or Higher Self.
- Stay here, relaxed for 5-10 minutes in the beginning and then slowly increase that up to 20-30 minutes. It is ideal that you do this 1 to 2 times a day in the morning and evening, but don't be ridged and follow what feels right to you.
- Don't worry if when you begin you struggle to keep your mind focused. This is normal and shouldn't discourage you from getting to know yourself on a deep level. Just keep with the practice and you will feel and see things change.
- During your day start trusting in yourself. Know that you know. Make a decision all the while paying attention to your bodies "feelings". I don't mean emotions, I mean physical feeling or sensation in your body.
- When something is right for you, according to your intuition, your gut may feel light and a little excited. This is how I feel, but your feeling or sensations might be different and that's ok. It's about learning about your body and how it talks to you.
If you continue to allow the time to quietly tune into your body to learn it's language and practically use your bodies sensations to connect to what is right for you then in know time you will not only feel your intuition, but you can be using it on a daily bases to make decisions that will be based on your overall reason for existing. Our intuition is our guide to keep us on track to learn and experience the world in a fuller, enriching, more loving way that empowers us and those we are in touch with.
More by this Author
Practical, easy-to-follow advice on how to get your bowels moving naturally without medication or drugs. These easy steps may change your life forever.