Keeping an Online Pregnancy Journal
A lot of women want to document the experience of pregnancy. Whether you want to record every bout of heartburn and each inch you gain around the waist, or rather just take a picture once a month, you might want to consider keeping an online journal. The more detail you include, the more meaningful the journal will be when you wan to look back on your pregnancy in the future. Using an online pregnancy journal allows you to collect as much information as you want of the sometimes wonderful, sometimes miserable nine months of pregnancy.
- First Trimester Pregnancy Symptoms and Relief
All pregnancies are different, but here are some common symptoms many women will have during the first trimester, or first twelve weeks of pregnancy. Simple comfort measures are included with each of the...
- Am I Pregnant? Early Signs of Pregnancy
Although every pregnancy can produce different symptoms and women may have dissimilar experiences from one pregnancy to another, there are some telltale signs that you may be pregnant. Following is a list...
Keeping track of things on paper is one way that women typically document their pregnancies, but a newer, more interactive option is the online pregnancy journal. They are usually free, and they are easy to use for almost anyone with a little computer experience.
Benefits of Keeping an Online Pregnancy Journal
The benefits of documenting your pregnancy milestones online are many:
It is interactive, sort of like a social media for pregnant women. You can share and track pregnancy milestones with others at your stage. This creates the opportunity to bond with other pregnant women, some of whom live in other countries. However, you could be making potential life-long friends.
- You have the option to make the journal public to share with friends and family, sharing ultrasound photos and uploaded photos of your expanding belly.
- You can share your ultrasound in an “ultrasound gallery.”
- Option to continue the journal after birth, making memories of pregnancy, childbirth and infancy preserved beyond printed photographs.
- There are personalized templates to choose from, just as if you were creating your own blog or website.
- Share your nursery design (wallpaper, bedding, etc) samples, and incorporate them into the page design, if you wish.
- List needed nursery items, either for yourself or for an upcoming baby shower.
- Share photos of nursery progress from beginning to end.
- Inventory the foods you are craving at the time.
- Include a calendar to mark down the days to delivery.
- Make birth announcements with your journal.
- Print the entire journal for binding as a keepsake.
As with many online applications these days, the online pregnancy journal is a totally modern way to document the milestones of your pregnancy - one which won’t be lost or burned or ruined with a coffee spill! It’s one that you can access from any computer, anywhere with your password – you can make updates from work on while on vacation. Basically, it’s easy, fun and best of all, free to create an online pregnancy journal. So get started!
Online Pregnancy Journal Services
Here are some great online resources for starting your own pregnancy journal:
- Babycrowd.com (hosts online journals)
- Lovetoknow.com (tons of info on all things pregnancy)
- Babiesonline.com (pregnancy info and hosts online journals)
More by this Author
Stretch marks can be an ugly truth of pregnancy, and almost all pregnant women are at risk to develop stretch marks. While stretch marks may be inevitable, this article presents common myths about stretchmarks,...
Breast tenderness is one of the most common signs of early pregnancy. Breasts (including nipples) may become sensitive. There are, however, ways to alleviate discomfort.
Find out the early signs of being pregnant, when most women start seeing them, and how to know if you're really pregnant. Hint: You need to take a pregnancy test.