Keto And Paleo Friendly Chia Seed Crackers Recipe
Crunchy Chia Seed Crackers
Do You Miss The Crunch In Your Diet?
I follow a low-carb, high-fat diet (aka the Ketogenic diet) and I must admit that there are times when I miss the crunchiness of crackers and chips. I tried making linseed crackers but I'm not fond of their taste so I decided to try and make some chia seed crackers. I found a few recipes online but all of them include ingredients that I don't want to use. The only thing left for me to do was to try and come up with a recipe of my own. After a couple of attempts I have managed to make delicious chia seed crackers that are Ketogenic and Paleo diet friendly but best of all, they're CRUNCHY! In this article I will share my recipe with you.
What You Will Need
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Flour
- 1/3 cup Ground Chia Seeds, Grind them up first, then measure 1/3 cup. I ground mine up in my nutri-bullet.
- To taste Salt, herbs and spices, select according to personal preference
- 10g Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup Water
Making Chia Seed Crackers
- Mix all ingredients together until they form a smooth dough-like ball.
- Spread the dough out as thinly as possible (1-2mm) on the lined baking tray into a square or rectangle shape. If you find that the dough sticks to your fingers, wet your hands and they'll glide smoothly over the dough while you work with it.
- Cut the dough into smaller sections and spread them out slightly on the tray. I use a pizza cutter to cut it, I find that the dough sticks to a knife.
- Place in a pre-heated oven 180 degrees Celsius (360F) for 15 minutes.
- Enjoy your crispy low-carb crackers. I have written other recipes that you might like, you'll find the links to them in my profile.
Crispy Chia Seed Crackers.
Please Rate This Recipe
More by this Author
My personal experience of following the Ketogenic diet.
Find out what I can't go without in my Ketogenic lifestyle.
Recipe for easy-to-make coconut milk soap. This recipe will produce a soothing, healing and moisturising soap ideal for sensitive skins. Can be used to wash hair also. Vegetarian and vegan friendly.