Kick Ash - Stop Smoking
A way to break two addictions related to smoking - physical and psychological addiction. Doctors can provide medications and programs to aid you with the physic
1. Believe in yourself. According to research, one of the most important traits of a successful quitter is their belief that they can kick the habit.
2. Quit plan. Create one that you can follow daily, so that you quit smoking purposely, not haphazardly. Take down notes on times and occasions where you are most likely to puff a cigarette. What "triggers" your desire and craving to smoke? You may be surprised to ind that you have organized your day around smoking. Next, write down five things you will do instead of smoking, whenever you fell a craving coming. Example would be a short walk, chitchat with a friend, or read a book. In short, distract yourself.
3. Take action. Planning and resolving to quit is not enough. Get rid of the lighter. Put away the ashtray. Open the windows and let out the stench of cigarette smoke. Breathe.
4. Ask for help. Get help from your loved ones. Supprt from family and friends is vital. Let them know you're trying to quit smoking.
5. Exercise. This is an excellent method for reducing stress. Walk your dog or go for a leisurely swim. Research shows that smokers who take up regular exercise program have much higher quit-smoking success rate -- the higher level of activity, the higher the success rate. Exercise can replace your dependence on cigarettes for stress relief.
6. Be patient. Breaking an old habit takes time. It may take three of four attempts before quitting "sticks". You may find that after the first or second attempt to quit you have reduced the number of cigarettes that you smoke each day. That's great! You are one step closer to quitting for good. Just quit again.
More by this Author
Here are some tips for taking care of your hair after getting it rebonded. Find out what you need to do to keep it looking great, when to wash it, and what kinds of products to use.
Chemical hair straightening can be done through relaxing or rebonding. Find out which suits you best!
Which hair curling procedure is for you — the cold wave or the digiperm? Read about both in this brief summary.