Kids need exercise
I believe that every child should get a minimum of an hour a day doing some form of exercise.
Obesity is a epidemic in the United States right now and it is a shame that it is affecting our children.
As a parent it is your job to encourage your child in everything that they do, and it is just as easy to suggest that they go for a walk or exercise as it is to let them chat on facebook all day long.
Now my goals for this hub is not to judge or hurt anyone's feelings,it is to help give you something to think about, you don't want your child to be unhealthy or risk becoming obese and getting bullied at school.
Here are some things that may be keeping your child from not getting enough exercise.
- Cell Phone.
- Video Games.
- They haven't been encouraged to.
- They don't know it is important.
Put your child on a healthy routine.
- Make sure they get up around the same time daily.
- Try to give them a healthy diet.
- Make sure they get proper medical care.
- Make sure they go to bed around the same time nightly.
- Get them to exercise for an hour a day
Be Pro Active
If you aren't getting results from talking with your kids,don't give up. you can find something that they will enjoy while they get their exercise.
But you need to be pro-active and demand that they find time for exercise.
Here are a few activities they might enjoy
- Cycling - This is a good exercise but if you do this make sure to wear the right protective gear.
- Walking - Kids really love the beauty of being outdoors
- Tennis - Both boys & girls can do it.
- Golf - Can be expensive but the younger they start the better.
- Basketball - A fun exercise for both boys & girls.
- Baseball - If you can't join a team just play catch.
- Football - Throwing a football is fun
- Swimming - most kids love swimming and you can throw a ball around in the pool.
- Soccer - again, your child doesn't have to join a team to play soccer, just get out there with them and kick the ball around.
In closing I would like to say
- Each child has a unique personality
- Tell your child that you love them and you want the best for them.
- Encourage them
- Respect their choice.
- Stop and listen to what your child has to say
- Getting your child to exercise can be hard but the payoff is worth the effort.
- Talk to your Dr. before starting any exercise program
- I wish you only the best
Do you need a new bicycle?
More by this Author
The purpose of this article is to educate the reader on Lyme disease. Its causes,symptoms and how to get help
This is a article about who I think are the top ten sexiest female celebrities of 2011.
This is a hub designed to teach a average Texas Hold Em poker player how to win tournaments.