Kundalini Yoga Crow Pose - Practical and Powerful
Finding the Pose
- Squat on the floor with legs shoulder width apart and feet flat on the ground with the toes pointing outward.
- Reach forward with your arms and have your index finger pointing forward, while the other fingers are interlaced.
- Gaze over your extended arms and stare out into infinity.
- Keep your back straight and breathe deeply.
Resting in the pose
Benefits of Kundalini Crow Pose
- Opens and clears the root chakra increasing one's sense of security, connectivity to nature and clear practical, down-to-earth thinking.
- Balances the root chakra also helps remove fears.
- Balances and heals the heart chakra, allowing love and compassion to flow.
- Increases flexibility in the groin and hips.
- Good for the health of the knee joints and ankle joints.
- Stimulates the internal organs for toning and healing the elimination system of the body.
Reaching and Deepening the pose - Tips
- You can also place a rolled up blanket or hard cushion under your heels to help you with this posture.
- Be careful with your knees and only go as far down as comfortable, regardless of whether you are doing the modified posture or the full pose.
- Feel your heart center expanding as you reach forward and stare out over your hands into infinity
More by this Author
I was on vacation summer 2006, traveled to Berkeley to visit a friend for eight days, practiced yoga in 100 plus degrees, walked each and every day for hours. It was grand. Went on my next vacation in August to North...
No comments yet.