Laser Hair Removal Herbal Alternatives - Plant Seeds
Why Laser Alternatives
But if the consumers find long lasting or permanent hair removal safely
(if performed properly), and find that hair regrowth comes back finer in texture and lighter in color, then why do they need alternatives?
Well, the new technique depends on aiming the laser energy at the pigment in the hair (melanin), and this energy causes the follicles to be completely or partially destructed to either do not grow hair, or grow them thinner and paler, and here are all the drawbacks of this technique like :
- Un-pigmented (gray) hairs and red or blond hairs response is not as effective as dark hair
- Application on darker or tanned skin is hazardous and should be paid great attention
- Skillful practice is essential as improper treatment can cause burns, lesions, skin discoloration or patchy regrowth
- Some find the treatment painful and expensive, and some others do not respond to the treatment in the expected way
- Recent data suggest skin structures other than hair are often affected by laser irradiation, and the long term impact on these structures is unknown
- There is limited data on the precise effects of the technique like, how long hair removal usually lasts, how much hair reduction is typical, and how often hair removal occurs permanently
Delving into the traditions of different nations, we find that many people have been using some herbs to inhibit regrowth of removed hair.Digging into the composition of these herbs, we find that all of them reduce the blood flow to the hair follicles.
Many of these herbs contain alkaloids that are known to reduce blood supply to the body tissues. The absorption of these alkaloids is improved in alkaline medium, and this can be induced by adding some fruit juice like lemon juice.
Certainly you are concerned about their safety, then you should know that you already ingest many of them for other purposes. They can be applied after any method you prefer to remove unwanted hairs.
Herbs Used to Inhibit Hair Regrowth
Except 1 seed that is grown and often used by the Arabs (Saadane), all other herbs and plants are known to people worldwide. Ephedra that is used for weight loss, Datura, the origin of most of the antispasmodic pills, Witch Hazel used for treatment of hemorrhoids and varicose veins, and Lupins termis that can be eaten and heavily used as mezza (appetizer)in Egypt.
The method used for all herbs is more or less the same, boiling extraction of the active ingredient in 2-3 tablespoons of the powdered herb or seeds in 1 liter of water, filtrating, storing, and applying on the desired areas of the skin for 6 days every month after hair removal, until you get the desired effect.
Should you need to modify the materials or the methods used, apply to a small area first. For example you can utilize the ready made powders of some of the mentioned herbs, so you can reduce the amount, and test on a small area.
Lupins ( Lupinus Termis) Seeds
Saadane (Neurada Procumbens) Seeds
Datura Stramonium Seeds
Ephedra Sinica (aerial parts)
Witch Hazel (leaves and bark)
Try This Method To Remove Hair
• Sugar ...................................... 2 cups
• Lemon juic ................................. 1/2 cup
• Mustard oi ................................. 1/2 cup
• Water ...................................... 3 cups
• Glycerine .................................. 2 Tablespoons
1- Dissolve 2 cups of sugar in 2 cups of water
2- Heat all the ingredients except glycerine for 45 minutes or until you get a brown mixture
3- Remove the heat and add glycerine and leave to cool
4- Massage the skin with cold milk or Talk powder before sugaring
5- Apply on the skin in the direction of hair growth and then put a gauze patch
6- Pull the gauze abruptly in the opposite direction of hair growth
This method may participate in thinning the hair and delaying its regrowth.
Tips For Waxing
Whether you use wax or sugar, waxing is a mechanical pocedure to remove hairs by force, and this results in pain and redness, and may cause skin reactions. To abolish or minimize these effects, here are some tips you can implement before ar after waxing.
Before Waxing :
- Mix 1 teaspoon of yeast with 1 teaspoon of honey and add 1/2 cup of lemon juice. Apply to skin and leave it dry before waxing
- Dissolve 3 teaspoons of sugar in 1/2 cup of water, add 1 tablet of yeast, stir and apply this mixture before waxing
- Apply toothapaste before waxing
- Apply Clove oil before waxing
After Waxing :
- Dissolve 1 teaspoons of salt in 3 teaspoons of water, apply and leave for 5 minutes
- Massage your skin with lemon juice
- Mix 1 Tablespoon of starch with 3 tablespoons of water and apply to the skin
- Make a mixture of ice cubes and 4 cups of milk. Dip a piece of cotton in this mixture and rub the skin. Repeat until any redness or pain is relieved
- Make a paste using talk powder and sufficient water and apply to skin
More by this Author
When you go for any treatment for acne starting with natural remedies or other alternatives and reaching to chemical prescription drugs, their competitors will make you doubtful about either their effect or their...
What if you get rid of your acne 2 days from now? No topical applications, no unknown remedies, no toxic drugs, and no overdose supplements. You will just fine tune the supplements you may be already taking. After the...
Top facial masks made at home using simple items already existing in your kitchen. They suit skin of different types, age and condition.