How to make the world a better place
Doesn't everyone want to change the world?
Let's start this off with 2 famous quotes. Read them both, think about how they work together, and think about how they relate to making the world a better place. Then I'll move onto my 'tips' for making the world a better place.
"Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something" (I'm not sure who said this, please let me know if you know)
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" - Confucius
This world is incredibly far from perfect, which unfortunately makes people give up hope and more or less just add to the trash pile. Sometimes it feels like this planet finds and eliminates all instances of goodness and hope like it fed upon it for energy. However, every single day you can find small and large instances of good-hearted people doing good-hearted things. Our planet needs a lot of work. That is not and cannot be a good reason not to make an effort. My idea behind the 2 quotes above is that every single person on this planet can do a series of small things to accomplish the greater task of making this world a better place. It may not be easy, and it may take a long time, but it has to start somewhere.
So, what can you do?
- Smile. You can't tell me you've never run into a person who looked so joyous and happy it just made you happy. These people are rare, let's create more of them. Smiling is the simplest and easiest way you can make the world a better place. Even if you're faking it, at least you're trying hard enough so that you don't make someone else feel bad. I took a public speaking class in college with a professor who honestly was kind of a jerk. He said that everyone hates public speaking, and it makes people very uncomfortable, so just smile at the person who's giving the speech. Some of the students did this, and it really felt good when I was giving a speech to see someone smiling at me. It was good encouragement and support. So, just smile.
- Put yourself in their shoes. Most people have experienced the feeling of not being understood by someone else, and that can be incredibly frustrating. Try to understand things from another person's perspective, even if you don't agree with it. Or even further, have you ever run into a person who really just rubbed you the wrong way. Perhaps they were rude, or acted angry. Did you ever wonder what happened to them? Perhaps a family member of theirs just died, or they went through a tragic break-up. Everyone loses it sometimes. Don't ever forget that you can never understand exactly what it's like to be someone else.
- Forgive others. We all make mistakes. This idea goes hand in hand with the previous point. Understand their perspective and see what it is that caused them to do whatever it is that offended you. Most people refuse to try to understand it from another person's perspective which makes it difficult to be able to forgive. Without forgiveness, we can never move on to better things. If you refuse to forgive, you simply just resent. Resentment will just be a torture you force yourself to endure. It may be hard, but learn to forgive.
- Apologize. Know when to admit you were wrong, don't you wish others did it more? It can prevent people from holding stupid and unproductive grudges and allow you to have more happy relationships in your life. It really is quite simple to apologize. Remember, everyone makes mistakes, when you make one, just deal with it, it will make everyone feel better.
- Think about your impact on everything else. Making a minimal effort can have a huge impact so long as everyone decides to do it. Men, stop peeing on the floors around the urinals! Don't throw trash in the street. Don't leave a mess for someone else to clean. In general, just remember that when you do something sloppy, someone else will have to make up for it. If you practice my previous point earlier about putting yourself in the shoes of others, you really should decide to try to not be a burden on others.
- Share. As humans we completely rely on each other. Think about it. Society cannot run without a lot of people supporting it. Therefore, it is essential to help support others. This is not only kind and a good way to build positive relationships, but will also return to you. Give to others and it will be returned. We can only thrive if we're working together, and without sharing working together will not be nearly as effective.
- Appreciate life. There are plenty wonderful things on this planet that can amaze you. If you don't think there are, you either aren't looking hard enough or need to get over yourself. If you learn to appreciate the beauty of life, you should have at least some desire to preserve and enhance this amazing experience for others. If nothing else, at least for your friends, family, and particularly your children.
I hope this can at least have a subtle impact on your daily life and the way you treat others because quite frankly this world can sometimes be depressing but even slight changes in behavior can do a lot in making this world a better place.
- How to build a peaceful world
Each person has to first choose to be a peaceful person, then we have a good chance of having a peaceful world.
- The World A Better Place Poem
Do you desire to make this world a better place? Let me share a little secret informing what to do. Start with watching every thought and action that proceedeth out of you..
- Ten Tips for Increasing Your Happiness
Happiness is an elusive thing. It comes and goes, often in ways that we can't understand. Sometimes, we'll look at our lives and realize that we have a lot to be happy about, but we just aren't ... it can be a...
More by this Author
Lux is one of the few mids with not only impressive range and damage, but also notable utility for the team. Playing to her strengths will give you control of the battlefield in ways other mids can't
Make the right moves and get to that wonderful farm you're aiming for!
Everyone is bound to be in bottom lane at some time or another. Many people prefer to play solo lanes (mid and top) but the much more complicated features of bottom lane can be a lot of fun. Starting off, for those of...