How Childhood Obesity Affects Your Children?
As Children's Waistline Expand, So Does the Threat of Illness
The long-term effects of childhood obesity are staggering! Childhood obesity is prevalent, affecting about 35% of our youth in America, and the numbers are rising.
By age three, children have fatty deposits in their arteries. This is of paramount concern; the lifespan of these overweight children is drastically shorted and plagued with unnecessary degenerative disease, missed school days, metabolic syndrome, Type 2 Diabetes, and cancer.
As a child' s waistline expands, so does the epidemic of metabolic syndrome. Metabolic syndrome’s risk factors rise sharply when a child has extra weight on the waistline, looking sort of apple-shaped and when a child becomes insulin deficient. Denoting his small pancreas cannot properly make insulin effectively in order to control the amount of sugar in his cells creating Type 1 Diabetes.
It's estimated that nearly one of every four American adults is insulin resistant stemming from childhood obesity. As these children now adults are on a serious track to developing diabetes.
Type 2 diabetes occurs when your cells become resistant to accepting the insulin produced by your pancreas making your blood sugar rise, a dangerous and at times life threatening. If you're one of them, the risk triples for heart disease down the road too, a most depressing condition.
The U.S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has determined, "One in three children born in the U.S in the year 2000 is predicted to develop type 2 diabetes."
We Conclude Plump Children Become Tubby Adults.
Once a child is stout their fat cells naturally multiply and become part of their biochemistry as they grow. On reaching adulthood, it becomes extremely difficult to trim down, and build lean muscle mass because they're obese cells can’t disappear. They become flabby as the weight comes off. This poses a grave dilemma for the status of their health.
American children are obese, mostly due to a lack of knowledge, a lack of exercise, and consumption of food devoid of nutrients. An unfortunate number is stout due to a heartbreaking unpredictable health condition derived from birth.
The Standard American Diet Leads to Obesity
An obese child depressingly bears the consequences of their gluttony. If it’s their eating habits, and not an innate health circumstance that causes it; they'll still suffer by being made fun of with missed school days, and low energy. Slow learning develops and sadly, but surely they're a real candidate in a timely on-start of degenerative diseases, like heart ailments, cancer, bowel disorders, high-blood pressure with high cholesterol, and an early inception of diabetes.
The excellent news is a multiple amount of strategies can take hold to slow the progression of these ailments in children. Educated, and concerned parents can have a positive influence on their children in helping them understand the consequences of their poor quality dietary habits with their lack of exercise and outdoor play.
Children are resilient and super impressionable, always wanting to do their best. Given the opportunity, every child loves to play a sport and compete for earning prizes. All it takes is a caring and concerned parent to change the ill fate facing their obese child.
It is crucial for parents to start as early as possible in order to ingrain in their child, the knowledge of helping them make healthier food choices. Children must acquire a pallet of nutritious, wholesome food. This really becomes an effortless task as long as the parent delivers the message in a genuine, loving, calm manner, and not judgmental.
A devoted parent could try implementing the following in getting their children to eat healthier.
Opt Not to Keep Junk Food in Your Home
Undoubtedly decide not to purchase or keep foods in your house that are devoid of nutrients deemed as junk food. Prepackaged foods containing high-fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated oil are the worst.
Next it’s the sugary cereals, cookies and soda, followed by white bread containing yeast. If these horrible, fat causing foods are not in the cupboard, your children will choose to eat the healthier foods stored in your refrigerator.
- Substitute, hearty low sugar desserts, in lieu of, easily buying the prepackaged ones. You can always include healthier sugars in your delicious desserts or floury cakes that are tasty such as agave nectar, real sugar, natural maple syrup, organic honey and cane sugar to satisfy their sweet tooth or Stevia if they are already diabetic.
- It would be best to serve your child with a blend of homemade juice smoothies made from actual fruit instead of prepackaged fruit juices. This will guarantee that they are getting a healthy dose of the required daily vitamins and minerals without additives, or preservatives and corn syrup.
- Realize the need for dietary fat decreases as children get older, so do their caloric consumption partly due to a slowing down of their metabolism as they become adults.
Change Your Child's Taste Buds with Healthy Whole Foods
Compel your child to acquire a taste for fresh vegetables. It'll give him a lifetime of service in prompting up their health. Serve vegetables at the dinner table and make invigorated vegetable juices for a nutritious snack drink in the afternoon. You’ll notice their thinking becoming clearer. They will also learn better in school.
- Young brains crave sugar when there is a lack of nutrients in their bloodstream. Glucose is the brain's chosen fuel.
- Encourage your child to drink plenty of water throughout the day; half of their body weight in ounces. If your child weights 75 pounds or more have him drink approximate a little over a quart of water daily - half his body weight in ounces.
A child’s brain is about eighty percent water; often when an overweight child is hungry, it is frequently because their brain is craving water. They don’t realize this and head for a sugary snack instead. This pattern is easily broken once they become nutritionally healthier from eating better foods.
- Give your child lean cuts of meat with minimally processed vegetables and a complex carbohydrate to eat for lunch or dinner. Make sure your child eats a healthy meal three times a day with a couple of small snacks in between like an apple or a carrot. You’ll notice their demeanor becoming calmer and better able to concentrate in lieu of a hyper child bouncing around the walls from eating sugary snacks and foods devoid of nutrients.
- Supplement your child's diet with a organic whole foods that provides nutrition of fruits and vegetables, such as apples, broccoli, kale, parsley, and beets.
The repertoire of advice given here should give you a complete arsenal in helping to combat the long-term effects of your child’s obesity and possibly reverse the onset of sickness and disease in your child. Don’t ever lose hope or give up on your precious child, he desperately needs your smarts and guidance to eat healthy.
Are any of your children overweight and suffering with diabetes?See results without voting
Would You, Enjoy Another Health Hub?
- The Benefits of Juice Plus+
The recipe for better health is as easy as 1, 2, 3 with Juice Plus. Juice Plus+ delivers over seventeen organic whole food goodness to your cells in a constant quantity that is safe and effective.
- The Benefits of Water for Constipation with Celtic Sea Salt to Avoid Dehydration and Dry Skin
You may not be thirsty, except, your body surely craves salt and water, especially when you don't want to drink. Celtic Sea Salt is the best salt for you! Discover how they regulate body temperature.
- How to Protect Your Children from Food Pesticides?
Are you sure you're protecting your children from the dangers of pesticides that are everywhere? Discover how to limit your child's exposure and how to vary their diet to limit dangers to poisons.
- List of Hidden Sugar Names in Healthy Food Packages and the Dangers of Eating Sweets
Sugar feeds cancer cells and causes inflammation! Look out for man-made sweeteners, some do much more harm than others. Discover what to look for here!
- What You Can Eat to Kill Cancer Cells in Your Body? Think About Eating These Foods...
The best cancer-fighting food prevents cancer cells from proliferating, and helps not to pack on extra pounds. Learn what foods ward off cancer! Are dandelion root and high-fructose corn syrup good?
© 2010 Sheila Craan
More by this Author
Crohn's disease affects your digestive tract and intestines. It causes severe inflammatory bowel discomfort with drastic weight loss. Naturopaths heal it with non-evasive procedures.
Discover how to manage and prevent diabetes the old fashioned way, and how to control blood-glucose levels, so you don't suffer with diabetic skin lesions.
Holistic and Conventional doctors treat blood pressure differently. Some help to curtail it with healthy foods, and unsaturated fat, when others don't! Which doctor is best for you?