Low Fat Recipe Ideas
Low Fat Chicken Supper.
This recipe is for a very quick, low fat, nutritionally balanced supper dish. It requires only basic cooking skills and in fact if you cheat you can get away without any cooking at all!
If you like this low fat recipe idea then please check out my other low fat recipes, all ideal if like me, you are watching your cholesterol levels or weight.
Ingredients (per person)
- One Chicken Breast (roasted or grilled), Free-range is usually lower fat.
- 1 cup (approx half a pint dry volume) Couscous
- 1 Chicken stock cube
- Half a cup Mixed salad vegetables (chopped), tomatoes, cucumber, onion or whatever you like.
- 2 cups Boiling water
- 1 teaspoonful (5mls) Olive oil., Extra Virgin tastes better.
- Cook the chicken breast. Grill or roast but do not fry as it will add too much fat. Allow the chicken breast to cool. Or cheat and buy a ready cooked chicken breast.
- Meanwhile, put two cups of boiling water into a jug and then add the chicken stock cube to the boiling water and stir to dissolve.
- Place the cup of couscous into a large bowl and pour in the chicken stock. Stir well to mix and then cover the bowl and leave to soak for about three or four minutes until all the water is absorbed.
- When the water is absorbed, fluff up the couscous with a fork to separate the grains and leave to cool.
- When cool, add the chopped salad vegetables to the couscous, add the olive oil and mix well. You can add some herbs such as chopped mint at this point if liked.
- Roughly chop the cold chicken breast and add that to the couscous, mix well and serve.
My book to help keep older people safe.
Quick Supper Recipe.
No comments yet.