I remember joking with my girlfriends all the time when they would complain about their significant others acting strange or being irritable. We thought we were being funny saying that their male counterparts were suffering from Male PMS until we learned that it was actually a possible condition that some men suffered from.
Many men suffer from Male PMS also known as Irritable Male Syndrome without even knowing that there is a problem or what that problem might be. Male PMS usually occurs due to a drop in testosterone which can happen due to:
Insomnia or Lack of Sleep
One of these or any combinations of these factors can increase the intensity of the Male PMS. So what should a man look for when deciding whether or not they are suffering from Male PMS? Some of the symptoms of Male PMS are:
Lack of Arousal
There is really no cure for Male PMS but there are things that can be done to help cope with the symptoms and to help testosterone levels to increase.
1. See a Doctor – First and foremost seeing a doctor is crucial. The doctor can help to find out what the underlying problem or cause is and make sure that there is not a serious condition. If your symptoms are a result of an illness the doctor can find out and provide the appropriate treatment. The doctor can also help you understand the medications that you are taking and whether or not they are contributing to your problems. If necessary the doctor can also help to increase testosterone levels to alleviate the symptoms.
2. Eat a Well Balanced Diet – A well balanced diet is extremely important. A well balanced diet can ensure that you are getting the nutrients that you need to be as healthy as possible. A well balanced diet includes the right combinations of proteins, carbohydrates and fats and includes many fruits and vegetables.
3. Exercise Daily – Exercising daily can help to keep you healthy and in conjunction with a healthy diet can help to decrease the symptoms that are occurring due to Male PMS. Exercising helps to increase the levels of testosterone.
4. Vitamins – Taking vitamins can help to ensure that you are getting enough of the necessary nutrients to keep your body healthy. Vitamins can help you to get what you are not getting through your diet. The right combination of vitamins and a well balanced diet can help to decrease some of the symptoms that occur due to Male PMS.
5. Limit Alcohol – Limiting alcohol consumption can help to decrease the effects of the Male PMS. Excessive alcohol drinking can cause a drop in testosterone levels which increases the effects of Male PMS.
6. Get Rest – Getting restis truly important withouta good nights rest the body can get more worn down which in turn increases the effects of Male PMS. Getting enough sleep, eating well and exercising together will decrease the effects that are being felt.
Male PMS can cause a great deal of symptoms that are truly uncomfortable. Following the steps to cope with the symptoms can help to lessen these symptoms as well and can help you to be more in control of your body. The more things you do to help your Male PMS will help to increase the testosterone levels and decrease the symptoms.
More by this Author
The 70s is filled with Female Singers. From Aretha Franklin to Deborah Harry. There were so many influential women in several different music genres that have made a significant impact on today's music.
Elizabeth Taylor was a true icon; a symbol of beauty and elegance. So its not surprising that Elizabeth Taylor had many love interests. So who were these many men?
There are five cartoons that I do not let my children watch. These cartoons have no educational value and in most cases are a bit graphic in nature. The five cartoons are Ed Edd n Eddy, The Grim Adventures of Billy and...