Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar - Natural Remedy
Apple cider vinegar is made by the process of fermentation of apple. There are many health benefits of using cider vinegar. It has multiple vitamins, pectins and minerals such as sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, iron, sulfur, chlorine etc. It also has acetic, malic and lactic acid and works as an antibacterial and antifungal agent. It is considered as a wonder drug. Some of the health benefits are as follows:
- It has pectin which helps to normalize acid levels in the stomach. Pectin in vinegar is a fiber which also helps to reduce bad cholesterol and lowers blood pressure. Pectin improves glucose metabolism and thus lowers blood surgar levels.
- Apple cider vinegar helps in weight loss as it promotes metabolism and burns calories. It is every effective for weight loss because of the vitamin B6 and lecithin. Mix two teaspoon of cider vinegar with one glass of water and drink this before meal. It has acetic acid which breaks the digestive enzymes and as result carbohydrates cannot be broken down to sugar for absorption.
- It has lots of potassium, and as a result it is used for a variety of ailments such as hair loss, weak finger nails, sinusitis and sore throat.
- It contains malic acid which helps in fighting fungal and bacterial infections.
- The malic acid in vinegar dissolves uric acid deposits around joints, and help in relieving joint pains in gout and arthritis.
- Beta-carotene in it counteract the damage caused by free radicals in body and as a result helps for a smoother, firmer skin and a youthful appearance.
- It is a very effective treatment for yeast infection.
- Because of the beta-carotine content,it is a natural treatment for acne. It reduces the inflammation and redness and cures acne when applied to the skin.
- It cures hemorrhoids. Mix one to two teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and with two teaspoon of water, soak a gauze or a white paper napkin in this mixture, then apply it to the hemorrhoids and hold it there for five to six minutes and message little bit. It reduces the swelling instantly and shrinks the skin, cures the itching. Apply it two to three times a day for couples of days. Hemorrhoids will vanish in a five to seven days.
- It strengthens immune system of body.
- It helps to cure urinary tract infection and kidney stones.
- It cures eczema. Mix one tablespoon of ACV with half cup of water and put this on the affected area three to four times daily. Drinking this mixture couple of times a day also helps to cure eczema. It relieves inflammation, dryness and itchiness.
- Apply little bit of it to age spots and keep this for one to two hours. It will lighten the age spots.
Apple Cider Vinegar has no side effects if used as directed. To taste better, mix some sugar or sweetener to it and add some water. It can be mixed with other drinks to taste better. There are tablets available in the health food store for those who does not like the taste of it. Amazon has varieties of ACV. It is a very useful remedy for lot of ailment and it is cheap too.
The information provided in this hub is not a substitute for professional medical help. Please consult your doctor before applying these.
- The Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is a very affordable and amazing natural remedy. Cider vinegar can help with a wide range of ailments and conditions and is easy to drink. Find out more about the health benefits of organic apple cider vinegar
More by this Author
After I started taking Fenugreek seeds for my diabetes, I noticed three additional benefits from this. My knee joint pain was gone, my hot flushes and night sweats completely gone and new hair started to grow on my...
Some people start losing too much hair and soon they become partially bald or totally bald. Causes of hair loss are genetic, stress, environmental and using chemicals in hair. Research showed that DHT is the cause of...
Urinary tract infection presents with urgency of urination, frequency, burning, pain and even bleeding. The associated symptoms are fever, chills, nausea or vomting etc. UTI should be taken seriously, because if not...