Teenage Depression. Dealing with the lose of a Loved One.
This is a poem about losing a loved one and the precious memories that are all that is left behind.
It was written by a teenage boy already laden with personal depression and sadness, and compounded by the death of a parent.
Life can be filled with such profound joy, that sometimes is shattered by profound grief.
Appreciating the beauty of flowering trees and shrubs can provide comfort and pleasure even in a period of profound grief and sadness.
Everyone grieves in their own way.
Beautiful flowering trees that offer serenity and pleasure
The realities we must all face in life consists of both joy and sorrow.
We can only hope that the happiness and joy outweighs the sadness and sorrow.
MEMORIES AND TREES
- Most of my life is over, and i wait in agony;
- Praying the end will come, in peaceful harmony.
- I've laughed and cried; I've hurt inside;
- And all of heaven's joys I've tried.
- Yet as the insidious end draws near
- there's much of life I've missed, i fear.
- You've gone before me, with little discern;
- and how much, for thee, still do i yearn.
- God how i pray, my days be they few,
- till again, i can once more, be with you.
- Such a long life, since from mine you went.
- I'll await our reunion; be it heaven sent.
- I love you, i love you, i truly do;
- and in peaceful death, i'll again see you.
- We're told again, and again, not to live in the past;
- But it's all that remains today, that is steadfast.
- Solace is there, in all the memories;
- They remain, through the years, as do the trees.
- They stand tall and strong, ever present there;
- E'en when winter; leaves their strong limbs bare;
- They bring to mind, those days, too soon past;
- And when all else is gone, they still will last.
- Our memories and trees are much one and the same;
- They're the one thing that's true, in life's foolish game.
by: d.william 06/19/2011
- How To Cope With Death Without Losing Your Sanity
Death, in all forms, is difficult to deal with. Managing your emotions and coping with feelings while getting on with life can seem impossible. These simple tips can help you get through the loss of a loved one without losing your sanity. Know that y
- Different Ways of Coping With Death
The only things absolutely certain in life, are death and taxes. How many times have we heard that?. As l get older l realise how true it is. l have absolutely no idea of what can be done about...
© 2011 d.william
More by this Author
Understanding the multiple causes of mental disorders in the elderly makes caring for them easier.
- 9Accurate Blood Pressure Readings. It is all in the Cuff placement. A MUST KNOW before starting bp meds
Take control of your own health care. No one else cares about your health besides you. We must learn to take some responsibility for our own well being. Never be afraid to ask questions.
Greed, Judgmentalism, & Self Serving: the roots of all evil. Eliminate these and all the troubles in this world would just fade away.