Mrs. Butterworth's Sugar Free Syrup Review
Best Sugar Free Syrup
Sugar Free Maple Syrup
Best Sugar Free Syrup
Mrs. Butterworth's Sugar Free Maple Syrup is my new favorite food. Thick, rich and flavorful, it does not leave an aftertaste and is great on pancakes and waffles, but is even more useful as a sweet syrup on foods, or for use in recipes.
Mrs. Butterworth's Sugar Free Review
Growing up with a dad who was a Type 1 diabetic, I've tried just about all the sugar free products on the market since the 1960s. Mrs. Butterworth's Sugar Free Maple Syrup ranks as one of the best I've ever tried. The syrup is rich and flavorful, with just the right amount of maple flavoring. The color is a nice medium brown and the consistency is thick, unlike many of the other sugar free syrup brands.
My five kids are all happy to use it on their pancakes and waffles in the morning and don't complain about the taste. While real maple syrup can't really be beat, Mrs. Butterworth's sugar free wins hands down against other sugar free brands and stands up well to other imitation maple syrups.
When I looked Mrs. Butterworth's up on Amazon and other search sites, I found that most other people also love this syrup and use it, like we do, for more than just pancakes.
Use Mrs. Butterworth's Sugar Free Syrup like Honey
Best Sugar Free Product
Using Mrs. Butterworth's Sugar Free Syrup
My favorite use of Mrs. Butterworth's Sugar Free Syrup is actually as a substitute for other liquid sweeteners such as Honey. I use it for breakfast as a sweet topping for my plain yogurt, fruit and granola. By adding Mrs. Butterworth's, I can avoid added sugars in sweeter yogurts but still get a great taste.
- Sweetener for Drinks:You can use Mrs. Butterworth's as a sweetener for tea, coffee or other drinks.
- Honey Substitute: Use instead of honey on cornbread, biscuits, toast or muffins.
- Peanut Butter and Honey Sandwiches: Substitute Mrs. Butterworth's syrup for jelly in a sandwich and you can have a delicious sugar free lunch. Even better if you substitute PB peanut butter (dried peanut butter powder with fat removed--tastes terrific) for regular peanut butter.
- Fruit Dip: Make a sugar free dip for fruit by adding the syrup to plain yogurt or no fat cream cheese. Just keep on adding the syrup until it tastes sweet enough. Add a 1/2 tea. vanilla and cinnamon too.
- Baked Apples: Core and cut up 6 apples and put in a crock-pot (green apples are best). Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, and 1 cup Mrs. Butterworth's. Bake on high for 3 hours or until soft (you can also cook in microwave or oven).
- Baked Maple Squash (My favorite is Butternut!): Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds. Or you can cut and cube it. Spray squash with butter spray, drizzle with Mrs. Butterworth's, and sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper and then bake at 350 degrees until soft.
- Recipes: Lately, I've been adding Mrs. Butterworth's Syrup instead of honey in other recipes too. I've found it works really well to make a Sugar Free Granola. I've also used it instead of sugar in recipes like banana bread or pumpkin muffins.
Sugar Free Syrup
Where to Buy Mrs. Butterworth's Sugar Free Syrup
I buy Mrs. Butterworth's at my local grocery store for about $2.78 a bottle (24 ounces). If you can't find it there, you can order it through Walmart (if your local Walmart doesn't carry it) for $2.98. You can also order it in bulk from Amazon, so I'm including the link in case you don't have a local source. On Amazon, some people say they prefer Joseph's All Natural Maple Sugar Free Syrup, but at over $9.00 a 12 once bottle, that is a bit pricey for me. I may check to see if Joseph's is carried by my local store.
Nutrition Mrs. Butterworth's Syrup
At only 20 calories per 1/4 cup or 60ml, Mrs. Butterworth's is a great low calorie food. Regular Mrs. Butterworth's syrup has 220 calories per quarter cup, and the Lite version has around 110. Sugar Free Mrs. Butterworth's does have 8 g Sugar alcohol per serving, and 8 g carbohydrates, which people on low carb diets may need to take into account.
Healthy Yogurt, Fruit, Granola Breakfast
Below is the recipe for my very favorite breakfast. I usually try to buy a Greek Yogurt which is about 110 calories, under 9 grams of sugar and at least 22 grams of protein per one cup serving. Served with strawberries, Mrs. Butterworth's Sugar Free Syrup and 1/2 cup of my homemade sugar free granola, the breakfast is around 300 calories with over 25 grams of protein, which keeps me very full! If I'm hungrier, I add another 1/2 cup of granola for 400 calories.
Sugar Free Honey Substitute
Cook Time for Yogurt, Fruit and Granola
- Prep time: 5 min
- Ready in: 5 min
- Yields: 1 serving, 300 calories
Ingredients for Diet Yogurt Breakfast
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt 0% fat
- 1/2 cup cut up strawberries or other fresh fruit
- 1/4 cup Mrs. Butterworth's sugar free syrup
- 1/2 cup Sugar Free, Fat Free Granola, (see my recipe)
Instructions for Yogurt, Fruit Granola Breakfast
- Put the one cup of Greek yogurt in a bowl.
- Slice the fresh strawberries or other fruit on top.
- Drizzle the Mrs. Butterworth's Sugar Free Syrup on the fruit.
- Sprinkle the granola on top.
Mrs. Butterworth's Sugar Free Syrup
|Serving size: 1/4 cup|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 8 g||3%|
|Protein 0 g|
|Sodium 160 mg||7%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
More by this Author
I review the Naturally Slim weight loss program which teaches you how to eat like a thin person so you can lose weight fast and keep it off. No pills, surgery, special food or counting calories.
Review of My Fitness Pal online or app program for losing weight. My 16 year old daughter and I are using My Fitness Pal to lose weight and are reporting our experience online.
How to write better sentences? Easy tips to improve sentences just by changing the first word with a list of alternative first words included, plus ideas for faster and easier writing.