Natural Cures For Everyday Ills
Wonder of The World
Red Hibiscus Flower
Which wonder is in your home?
Everybody gets sick. We hate when it happens we hate to be left out of the loop and I don't know about you but if I have a cough or something and I have to go to the pharmacy for some cough medicine people look at you like you have the plague if you cough once. Far less if it is an uncontrollable cough. I hate that.
You ever get sick and you're shocked that it happened? Its like sometimes you can feel a cold coming on but other times its like boom and its there and you don't know how you don't know when but you're sneezing your head off and hacking like a dog.Its on occasions like these of course you don't have the medicine you need on hand and I don't know about you but I tend to get sick in the night. I'm not sure if it has to do with your body relaxing and then its like the cold says 'They're weak now. Attack!' All I can do is speculate.
Over the years as this happened to me repeatedly and I came to realize that it was something I had to face, I have come up with a list of everyday items that can be used to help with some common ills.
How To Make Hibiscus Tea - The Lime Juice is optional but makes it refreshing
- For a sore throat there are three remedies that work. One is gargling with salty (as salty as you can bear) warm water at least three times a day. The other is honey and lime. You can mix the honey with warm water and add the lime to drink it like a sort of tea or you can take it straight in a tablespoon. I prefer straight because I like my throat to sting as it gives me a little relief over the gravel feeling. The last remedy is using lime and salt. Mix it and swallow a teaspoon again like three times a day. This one really stings so I like it the best.
- For a stuffy nose I like to use ginger tea. Just take a piece of ginger from your refrigerator, peel it, cut it up in some pieces and boil it in some water for a few minutes. Drink the resulting liquid. It will clear your nose right up. You might not like the taste though but you can add honey to help it along if you like.
- For a back-ache or a headache or a foot ache. Any ache. There is this great plant I have in my backyard called Wonder of The World. This plant is so hardy you can get just one leaf throw it on the ground, literally, and a plant will spring from it. This plant is mostly native to the Tropics but if you can get your hands on it, it can grow indoors too and you will be glad you got it. the reason? The leaves. You just snap off a couple of leaves put it in the microwave for five seconds so it gets hot and place it on the area where you hurt. The pain goes. If you put it on your forehead your headache will go. I am telling you this is the real thing.
- For the cough, the one you're so embarrassed about, the one where people turn and look at you like you're a walking germ....red hibiscus flower. Once again this is native to the Tropics but you can get dried hibiscus in some stores. The petals you boil. The water will turn red from the flower. You can sweeten it if you like because it tastes really good. Anyway drink this for a few days and it will take that cough away.
- For constipation Aloe Vera works like a charm but it tastes awful. Aloe Vera works as a cleanser and so after you have taken it you tend to feel better over-all. It is also said that it is a great worm medicine as well so perhaps this is why one tends to feel better and brighter after taking it for a few days. Since it does thin the blood, it is not supposed to be taken for more than seven to nine days. However if you are constipated, one dose in the morning (which is about a teaspoon of Aloe Vera) should help to solve the problem.
- For allergies and insomnia the peel from an orange can help. You simply have to boil water and let the orange peel steep in it for a few minutes and then drink the resulting liquid. Some people add milk and sugar but I find the taste to be mild and pleasant enough on its own.
- For parasites/worms papaya seeds. I have always eaten the seeds of the papaya. People swear that they taste horrible but I have simply swallowed them along with the papaya since they have a smooth coating around them. These seeds not only get rid of worms but they also cleanse the body and help with constipation. If you cannot swallow the seeds you can crush them and add them to a smoothie or better yet, you can dry the seeds and crush them as you would black pepper. Add them to the food that you cook and you will be able to eat them without having a problem.
Isn't it amazing what the things we have around our house can do?
- Kalanchoe Pinnata or The Wonder Of The World Plant
Kalanchoe Pinnata has many names all over the globe. Some may know it as the Air Plant, others may have heard of it as the Life Plant or Miracle Leaf, Katakataka,Pather Chat or Paan-futti are yet other names...
- The Benefits Of Ginger Tea
Ginger Tea is simply a tea made out of the ginger root. It is made by peeling and boiling the ginger and drinking the liquid that results from it. It is also commercially sold in sachets filled with a...
More by this Author
Everyone who has read The Book of Genesis knows about Adam and Eve and the fall in the Garden of Eden. Adam was the first man made in the image of God and Eve was the first woman. However, there are some who claim that...
Examining a plant that can be used to treat many maladies. Describing its hardiness and ways in which the Wonder of The World plant can be used as medication for various complaints.
There were two Sauls who played significant roles in the Bible. One Saul is spoken of in the Old Testament, and the other is spoken of in the New Testament. The one in the Old Testament, Saul the King, is probably most...