Natural Hayfever Remedies
Hay fever Symptoms
Runny Nose, Watery Eyes, Nasal Congestion?
Hay fever affects millions of people around the world each year. Typical signs of hay fever allergies include a runny nose, watery eyes, nasal congestion and other flu like symptoms. Although hay fever may seem impossible to cure, there are many ways to prevent hay fever or reduce the symptoms. This includes both natural remedies such as naturally derived tablets or medication.
Hay fever is generally experienced during the warmer months of Summer & Spring and is generally caused by pollen, plants and certain grasses. Hay fever allergies and symptoms can be prevented by taking certain precautions such as:
• Wearing a mask outside or when performing gardening or lawn mowing
• Ensuring your garden doesn't include certain plants making you susceptible to hay fever
• Keeping indoors on certain days where there is a high level of pollen in the air
• Staying indoors when a neighbour is mowing their lawn
• Taking tablets to prevent or lessen the hayfever symptoms
• Eating certain foods and increasing your level of vitamin A and vitamin C
• Consuming high amounts of horseradish and garlic to ease congestion
Natural Tips To Fight Against Hayfever
Pharmaceutical company, Blackmores, has a range of lifestyle tips to prevent hay fever. As quoted from Blackmores, these include but are not limited to the following.
Lifestyle factors that can help with hay fever:
- Be sure to eat a healthy whole food diet with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables and whole grains. A good diet can ensure you are armed with all the vitamins and minerals which may be helpful in hay fever symptom relief.
- Reduce or cut out dairy foods. They are considered to be mucus producers and may increase the amount of mucus produced during hay fever bouts.
- Minimise your exposure to pollens and moulds where possible.
- Avoid going outside on windy days, especially during spring when the pollen count is high.
- Use essential oil inhalations. Combine essential oils such as tea tree, eucalyptus or lemon myrtle with boiling water in a bowl.
- Place your head over the bowl and inhale the steam. This can help to loosen up the mucus and get you breathing easier.
For more information, visit Blackmores
Allergy Relief Products
Hay fever medication
There are a range of medications which can ease hay fever symptoms of runny nose and nasal congestion commonly caused by hay fever. When looking for medications, try looking for natural ingredient medications. Make sure you do not confuse cold and flu medications with hay fever medications.
Common medications to prevent hay fever:
• Nyal Products (tablets & capsules dervised from natural ingredients)
More by this Author
Easy to make Greek Easter Biscuits with crushed almonds. Quick and easy to make, these Greek Biscuits are the perfect treat for the young and old. Make some for Easter, Christmas or just because...
Planning your next holiday? Choose the right holiday destination. Check foreign currency rates. Do you want a tour guide? Book accomodation in advance. Research your travel destination. Use a travel guide.
How do you like your meat to be cooked? Rare, medium, well done, a little in between? The art of cooking red meat can have an impact on both flavour and health. Experiment and you will see
No comments yet.