Natural Healing for Headaches
Headaches are very common and everyone gets them from time to time. Every headache has a source to where it's coming from.
Some headaches are caused by a lack of something in the body, sleep, food, etc.. or something that is really bothering your system, such as hormones.
Here are some reasons for headaches:
- Dehydration: If your body is in need of water, you start experiencing headaches. Your body is just trying to tell you it needs something vital.
- Hunger or missing vital nutrients: Your body sends a signal that your body needs something.
- Change in hormones such as when women go through their menstrual cycle. Some women get severe headaches every month because of this.
- Change in organ function:This you should not mess around with. If you get severe headaches constantly, go see a doctor. Some people I know have had severe headaches constantly were diagnosed with a brain tumor.
- Withdrawal: a sudden withdrawal in medication, caffeine (when drinking everyday) or other drugs such as meth or cocaine.
Here are a few home remedies to help with headaches or migraines :
- Apply peppermint oil on a small moist washcloth. Add a few drops of peppermint onto the washcloth and put it on the back of your neck. Take the bottle and smell the peppermint. It will relax you.
- Massage: Massage will help you relax as well and help with circulation. If you know different points on your body that can help then press on those areas. Massage your head or tell someone to do it for you. Press on the points that are throbbing or hurt. Also, massage your neck and back. This will definitely help relax you.
- Drink some coffee. I know this might sound ridiculous because coffee can cause headaches but if you know this is not because of coffee withdrawal, drink a cup of coffee. Coffee is the only thing that can help with my migraines.
- Drink plenty of water and make sure to eat.