Natural Home Remedies For Insect Stings And Bites
Bee sting. The stinger is torn off and left in the skin
Ways To Cure Bee And Wasp Stings
If you don't know what stung you, you can look at the place where you got stung and maybe determine what stung you. If you see a stinger left behind then it was a bee. Be careful not to squeeze the stinger or what's left behind. Use a credit card to swipe sideways against the stinger to dislodge and remove it. If you squeeze it as you try to remove it then you may cause any left over venom to enter your skin.
If you are allergic to bee or wasp stings and you have a special injection needle in case of stings you should give yourself a shot and watch carefully to see if the medication is working. If you suddenly have trouble breathing or start sweating call 911 or have someone to take you to the emergency room at once. If you or some one around you gets stung and starts having a reaction to it call 911 or get them to an emergency room as soon as possible. If a person has been stung multiple times get them medical help even if they are not usually allergic to stings.
If it's a single or only a couple of stings and you know your not allergic to stings carefully remove the stingers if there are any and then wrap ice up in a towel or cloth and apply the ice to the sting area.
Natural Home Remedies For Insect Stings And Bites
You will find that almost anywhere you live on this planet that there will be small bugs and insects that can sting and bite you. If your an avid fisherman or hunter you may have to worry about ticks and mosquitoes more than the average person.
Ticks can carry potentially lethal diseases like Rocky Mountain Spotted Tick Fever or Lyme's Disease. If you know your going into an area where there is a tick population tuck your pants legs into your boots and wear your shirt tail in. Also consider using an insect repellant to keep the ticks off of you.
If you don't want to use a chemical insect repellant use a new insect repellant now on the market called Permethrin. It contains a chemical that is found naturally in chrysanthemums. You can plant a mixed row of chrysanthemums and marigolds in your garden and have a lot fewer insect and bug problems in your garden and in your yard. Permethrin is sold in a aresol spray can and it really does work.
You also need to wear dark colored clothes when you go outside or work in your garden. Bright colored clothes will draw insect pests to you like a sign saying free lunch. If you are going outside on a regular basis like in the evenings to work in your garden or on your lawn spray the dark colored clothes with Permethrin and hang them up and let them dry before you wear them. The Permethrin will work a lot better this way and will last a lot longer.
Ants and wasps will sting you several times while a bee will only sting you once and then it will die. If you find out you've been stung by a bee you need to get the stinger out as soon as you can and you want to scrape it out or gently pull it out with a pair of tweezers.
If you know that your allergic to bee stings you need to seek medical attention as soon as you can. You need to discuss being allergic to bee stings with your doctor and get a prescription for a epipen and keep it with you in case of a bee sting. Be sure your doctor explains how to use the epipen.
Natural Remedies For Insect Bites And Stings
1. You can always crush a aspirin and add just enough water to make it into a paste so you can apply it to the sting area.
2. For a wasp sting dip a cotton ball into apple cider vinegar and use a band aid or medical tape to hold it in place.
3. You can apply a ice cube or a ice pack to a insect sting and it will take the pain and swelling away.
4. If you find a tick attached to you use a pair of tweezers and get as close to the skin as possible. You do not want to leave the head behind. Inspect the area carefully and be sure you have not left the head behind. You will then want to apply a antiseptic to the area where it was attached and if you see redness or swelling after a day or two go see your doctor and tell the doctor you received a tick bite.
5. If you have a toothpaste that has peppermint in it then you can apply it to a bug or insect bite and it will bring relief.
6. If you apply wet sugar to a insect sting area or to a bug bite it will bring down the swelling.
7. You can rub a bee sting area with fresh garlic or onion and it will ease the pain and stop the pain and itching.
8. If you apply roll on deodorant to mosquito bites or stings it will stop the itching and take out the swelling.
9. As hard as it may be to do the best thing you can do for a insect sting or bite is to not scratch it. You can rub honey onto insect stings or bites and it will take out the swelling and stop the itching.
10. If you will eat a couple of cloves of garlic daily or take over the counter capsules of garlic twice a day especially in the spring and summer you will have far fewer insect bites and stings. Most insects and bugs can't stand garlic.
11. Lavender or tee tree oil will relieve a insect sting or bite almost at once. Just apply a little of either to a cotton ball and gently rub the sting or bite area with it.
12. One of the oldest home remedies for insect stings and bites is to apply a little wet baking soda to the sting or bite area and in a few minutes the swelling, itching, and pain will be gone.
13. If you have a lot of ant bites or mosquito bites put a 1/4 cup of ground sea salt and a cup of apple cider vinegar into a bathtub full of water and soak in it. It will bring relief after you have been soaking for 15 to 20 minutes.
14. If you live in a place or area where you have frequent insect stings or bites keep an aloe vera plant or two and break off a small piece and apply it to the sting or bite area as soon as it happens and the pain and swelling will quickly go away.
As long as you know that you are not allergic to insect bites or stings you can use any of the above home remedies for insect stings or bites. If you think you may be allergic go to the doctor or hospital emergency room as soon as you are stung. Also if you receive multiple bee, wasp, or hornet stings of 3-5 or more go to your nearest hospital emergency room and tell them what just happened. Multiple stings can effect you even if one or two stings doesn't. You're always better off to be safe rather than sorry.
If you see large wasp nests, yellow jacket nests or hornet nests in your yard or outbuildings call a professional exterminator and let them take care of your problem. Yellow jackets and hornets can sting multiple times and they will attack you if they feel threatened. Believe me you do not want to deal with a nest of angry hornets or yellow jackets. If you kill a hornet or a yellow jacket near to their nest it may very well trigger an attack by the whole nest. So be sure to use caution. If your mowing your grass and you suddenly see a lot of yellow jackets flying around you need to get out of the area.
I quite often deal with a wasp nest with a few wasps on it with a can of the instant knock down spray for bees and or wasps but I'm not going to spray a large hornets nest with it. I'm going to call a professional exterminator and get them to deal with it. And you would be well advised to do the same thing.
I hope the tips and suggestions here about Natural Home Remedies For Insect Stings And Bites is helpful for you and I hope you'll post a comment, tip, or suggestion below. And thanks for reading.
More by this Author
First of all let me start here by warning anyone who is allergic to bee stings to never try to treat bee stings yourself. If you know your allergic to bee stings or even suspect that you are seek medical help at once if...
If the average person knew the health benefits of cayenne peppers they would plow up their yards and plant cayenne peppers. Because believe it or not but cayenne peppers are truly one of the most perfect foods you can...
If you want to know exactly how to grow a vegetable garden here is all the information you will ever need.