Natural Home Remedies for Diarrhea
Natural Home Remedies for Diarrhea
Diarrhea if untreated may cause death because ofdehydration. It is a condition where you have discomfort and at times your stomach aches. There are natural home remedies for diarrhea which is readily available, and all you need to do is to be aware of it. Usually when you suffer from diarrhea it is annoying as it will prevent you from being mobile, you need to stay home and usual activities may take aside for a moment. In this hub, I will discuss about diarrhea and the basic diet you need when you are suffering from it and what are the natural home remedies that are available for you.
So come on join me now and let us read about natural home remedies for diarrhea. You will never know when you have one in the future.
What is Diarrhea?
- Diarrhea is a condition of having three or more loose or liquid bowel movements (BM) per day. It is the widely reason for death among infant in the developing world and a relatively cause of death in the developing world for adults as well, you can die because of dehydration from diarrhea. "Diarrhea means that you have a change in your bowel movements and pass unusually loose stools. Stool is what is left after your digestive system (stomach, small intestine, and colon) absorbs nutrients and fluids from what you eat and drink. Stool passes out of the body through the rectum. If fluids are not absorbed, or if your digestive system produces extra fluids, stools will be loose and watery. Loose stools are larger than usual. People with diarrhea often have frequent bowel movements and may pass more than a quart of watery stool a day".
Kinds of Diarrhea
- Secretory means that there is an increase in the active secretion or rather there is an inhibition of absorption. Common cause of this diarrhea is a cholera toxin
- Osmotic is when too much water is drawn into the bowel and this result from maldigestion, but it can also cause by laxative.
- Exudative diarrhea occurs with the presence of blood and pus in the stool and this occurs with inflammatory bowel diseases.
- Motility-related diarrhea is caused by the rapid movement of food through the intestines and if the food moves too quickly through the GI tract, there is not enough time for sufficient nutrients and water to be absorbed.
- Inflammatory diarrhea occurs when there is damage to the mucosal lining or brush border, which leads to a passive loss of protein-rich fluids, and a decreased ability to absorb these lost fluids
- Dysentery --Generally, if there is blood visible in the stools, it is not diarrhea, but dysentery.. The blood is trace of an invasion of bowel tissue and dysentery is a symptom of, among others, shigella, entamoeba histolytica and salmonella.
Natural Home Remedies For Diarrhea
If you have diarrhea there are natural home remedies like food diet, intake of fluids to avoid dehydration and to take oral re-hydration salt so that there is no imbalance of salt in your body as it may cause weakness and confusion. Plus you may want to stay at home to take a rest.
Why people suffer from diarrhea?
- As a sign of food allergy
- You might have eaten a spoiled food or toxic chemicals in food
- Flu intestines
- Food poisoning
- Over dosage of antibiotic
Common herbals for diarrhea
- Atractylodes --“ is considered very important to the treatment of digestive disorders and problems of moisture accumulation.” The herb helps move moisture from the digestive tract to the blood that reduces diarrhea, gas and bloating. Atractylodes is rarely if ever used by itself. It is usually included into tonic prescriptions”.
- Ginger “is highly spicy and is beneficial to digestion, neutralizing poisons in food, ventilating the lungs, to warm the circulation to the limbs, diarrhea and heart conditions”.
Diet for diarrhea
The Bratty diet -- banana, rice, apple sauce, tea, toast and yoghurt or yogurt
- Banana -- is the common name for herbaceous plants of genus Musa and for the fruit they produce. It comes in variety of color as well, red, yellow and purple.
- Rice -- is a cereal grain and is the staple food of most in Asia and Latin America and it is the highest production in the world second to maize.
- Apple sauce -- is a puree made of cooked or baked apples. It can be made with peeled or unpeeled apples and a variety of spices.
- Tea are herbal extracts from plants
- Toast is bread that has been browned by exposure to dry heat. . Toasting warms the bread and makes it firmer, so that it holds toppings more securely. Toasting is also a common method of making stale bread more palatable.
- Yoghurt or yogurt is a dairy product produced by bacterial fermentation of milk, dairy produced by bacterial fermentation of milk.
Other home remedies for diarrhea
- Ginger tea can also stop stomach pain and stabilize your stomach
- Oregano oil is also good as it is antibiotic and kills parasites
- Ginger ale plus carrots are also good
- 7 Up and ginger ale are best for diarrhea
This is very important when you have diarrhea: You should drink plenty of liquid (preferably water) to avoid dehydration
Conclusion: Diarrhea should not be taken for granted as it cause death specially when you are dehydrated. There are available natural home remedies and it is easy to do for the cure of diarrhea. This hub is necessary useful for adults and treatment for diarrhea among infants and children should be different from adults. Take extra precaution when treating children and infants with diarrhea.
- Are Herbal Remedies Safe? Interesting Truths and Facts About Herbal Remedies
Are Herbal Remedies Safe? Interesting Truths and Facts About Herbal Remedies For those of us who are tired of the high price s of some mainstream medicines, herbal remedies are good alternatives to medicate...
- Things to Consider Before Using Herbal Remedies
Things to consider before using herbal remedies In the recent past, many people are resorting to herbal remedies to treat common illnesses like cold, backpain or other more serious ones such as...
- Natural Home Remedies for Hangover
Natural Home Remedies for Hangover Now its official, you have a hangover after drinking or partying too much and drinking like there is no tomorrow. When you see the old lady walking and she appears to be...
More by this Author
Photos of Pregnant Celebrities in Sexy Swimwear. I don't know why but some celebrities are just skinny even when they are pregnant, they are slim and still manage to gain little weight and look sexy with added extra...
Acupressure for Lovers: The Power of Touch Acupressure for Lovers: The Power of Touch. Have you heard of that before? It is amazing how the power of touch can give pleasure specially to lovers. Know the basic of...
Different Kinds of Leavening Agents. What are leavening agents or leaveners? Leavening agents are substances that are used in batters as well as doughs which are used to soften the dough and it is also used for...