Natural Pain Remedies That Work
The experience of pain is one that most people avoid, at all costs. Understandably so, as it can create problems and barriers in all areas of life.
The focus of traditional medicine while preventative in some aspects, is largely one of symptom control. The importance of relieving symptoms comes into play when a person is in excruciating pain. When people start to look beyond the symptom and find a cause, it may appear that symptom control is really all they can do or what they "should" do to alleviate their pain.
Additional answers for pain control are available and to utilize them one must be open to new ideas. However, the gain in doing this can bring positive enhancements to life in a way only previously imagined.
EFT for Pain
In the Short Term
In an effort to provide immediate relief, there are some natural remedies that can work very well.
- Arnica Commonly used in topical form, this plant provides anti-inflammatory benefits. Atheletes and others who desire a natural, effective remedy use arnica for sprains, bruises, swelling, trauma, and bites. It may be used orally in diluted homeopathic form.
- EFT In addition to the human body we look at in the mirror, we are also made up of energy. Actually, there is no separation, but many do not consciously think about their energetic make up. Regardlesss, it exists and EFT releases blocks in energetic pathways, alleviating pain from a multitude of causes and disorders. The possiblities are endless for this particular modality.
- Water The human body is comprised of at least 60% water. To assist the body in healing and relief from pain, drinking to quench and prevent thirst is one way to support the body.
- Heat Take a sock and fill it with uncooked rice. Microwave 3 minutes or stick in a warm oven for 10 (just watch so it doesn't catch on fire). As noted in the comments below, heat can work wonders for body aches and pain.
- Rest Often thought of as restorative, the power of rest can bring much needed respite from pain. Whatever needs to be done can wait. The body needs and deserves time to heal.
In the Long Term
The cause and relief of any distress in life are actually one in the same. To elaborate, we create our experience of life and it begins with our thoughts.
At the root, all humans are good, loving, and worth while. It is our deviation from this knowing that ultimately "causes" us to experience life in any way other than that. On the same note, there is no fault or blame in this equation (go ahead, dump them aside right now, just pretend they do not exist). Once one starts to realize the truth in this way of thinking, the power is harnessed to make life into what is really desired. Again, it starts with thoughts, and it can start right now.
One may begin by simply finding ways to appreciate one's self. In any way possible. Additionally, it can be helpful to reframe negative thoughts and reach for thoughts that feel better. The better one feels, the more positive life experience he or she has.
Will realizing the power of dissolving negative beliefs and thinking positively prevent accidents and pain from happening in the first place? The power of the human mind is often under estimated. May experience be the greatest teacher.
About Rainbow Recognizer
Amy Phoenix is a gentle, yet direct parenting guide and healing facilitator dedicated to sharing insights and practices to transform frustration and anger, heal the past and nurture conscious relationships – to appreciate all aspects of life. Visit her at www.innatewholeness.com.
Resources for Natural Health
More by this Author
That is a question many people would ask when they hear of the term elimination communication, otherwise known as EC or infant potty training. I like the term natural infant hygiene as well. Whatever you call it,...
Sometimes, the vagina gets a bad name. This article sets the record straight with facts about the inherent beauty of this part of the female anatomy.
We live in a conditional society, but many of us realize the inherent dangerous nature of treating one another in this manner. When we treat our children as if our love is conditional, meaning they have to do something...