Natural Tips for Hair Loss Treatment
We’ve all heard the phrase, “I’m having a bad hair day!” Well for more and more individuals, particularly women, this is taking on a whole new meaning. Women are increasingly losing more hair over the years, a fact that has many Dermatologist concerned over the health in those with higher than normal hair loss. First off, the average person, male and female, will shed from 50 to 150 strands a day, with many women seeing more lying in their basin or entwined in the bristles of their brush after shampooing. Just as doctors know examining one’s eyes can alert them to numerous problems within the human body, physicians are now finding that the condition of one’s hair can tell them many things regarding an individual’s overall health as well.
Reverse the Hair Loss Naturally
Although for one-third of the population genetics will play a big part in their hair loss i.e. male and female pattern baldness, there are steps the majority of you can take to slow its advance and to help your hair maintain its health, and possibly reduce, or even reverse hair loss. The good news, many of these hair loss treatments are completely natural and are listed below.
- Eat a balanced diet . First and foremost, nutrition plays a key role in hair loss treatment. A balanced diet not only supplies our bodies with the energy it needs to operate at its peak, but it supplies our hair with the essential protein, vitamins, and minerals needed for optimum health. The hair needs a diet that is high in quality protein which will supply it with the five essential amino acids needed for continued growth, as well as one being low in carbohydrates and fat. A proper diet will contribute optimum levels of vitamins A, B6, B12, biotin (B12 and biotin are extremely important in maintaining healthy hair), iron, zinc and the fatty acid Omega-3.
- Saw Palmento. Although studies are not 100 percent conclusive, they do point to the hair healthy benefits of this herb. Saw Palmetto works by reducing the levels of DHT -- androgens (hormones) in the body, a substance seen in increased levels in men with prostatic hyperplasia (enlarged prostate), and also thought to be a contributor to hair loss. Most natural OTC hair loss treatments contain saw palmetto and a mix of several natural nutrients.
- Green tea. Studies have shown that drinking green tea can be very helpful for hair loss treatment as it may reduce blood concentrations of hormones related to one form of genetic hair loss. In women green tea may increase the levels of sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG), which binds with testosterone thus lowering its overall levels within the body. Green tea may be a better choice for women than supplementing with saw palmetto.
- Gingko biloba. Because of its desired effect of improving blood circulation in the skin and brain, it allows more nutrients to be transported to vital hair follicles thus encouraging the regrowth of hair. Herbal treatments to be utilized externally.
- Capsicum. This herb is a natural skin irritant that will draw blood, and thus an increased flow of nutrients to the scalp and boost the release of histamines which serve to increase hair regrowth and cell division.
- Aloe Vera. A well-known, yet under-utilized natural healer, aloe-vera works by activating the production of nitric oxide and the enzyme known as super oxide dismutane. It is thought that these two may work together to stimulate hair growth.
It is important to note here, in the event of increased hair loss, it is strongly recommended you to consult your doctor or dermatologist.
More by this Author
Jobs related to Project management is considered as the most lucrative jobs nowadays across the world. Fishbone is an important diagram which has many benefits in project management. The ensuing article will describe...