Natural Ways To Relieve Stress Today
Are you looking fun and natural ways to relieve stress? If you have been feeling stressed out I hope so. I think we all know that stress can really kill you and it has been proven by science to be true. You can find stress at work or at home waiting for you. It can be everywhere. Though a little stress can be beneficial and help you in staying on target, however, too much can drain your system. Being stressed for long periods of time can make you sick and eventually overpower your life where you could die. The following are ways to relieve stress that can help you live a happy and healthy life.
Learn Time Management
I am a big advocate of time management, so I suggest starting this immediately. The majority of our day to day stress comes from not being organized. If you constantly find yourself running around and putting out fires, you need to make changes. Time management will reduce your stress by making you proactive instead of reactive. Learn these ways to manage stress and reduce it by as much as 50 percent.
*Tip - Spend a few minutes before bed time and plan your day. You should prioritize and rank your task. Rank them from A to C with A being the highest priority, B being important but not urgent, and C being not important. You will make your daily goal to finish the A's and B's. The C's will be an extra bonus. You will notice a decrease in your stress levels and an increase in your productivity (Nice, huh!).
Incorporate Some Positive Thinking
A lot of times we find that our thoughts are very negative. Negativity breeds negativity. This is the type of energy that we attract, which we do not want.
*Tip - Make a note every time you have these negative thoughts. Also, put down the thought that started you to think that way. At the end of the day, study those thoughts and how they placed a burden on you. Then, associate the negative thoughts you had with positive ones. This can program your mind to think more positive thoughts. You'll start to notice differences in how you feel.
Change habits in your lifestyle
Decisions you make in life, particularly ones that have an effect on the body, are directly related to how your body handles stress. The following are ways to relieve stress by making lifestyle changes.
a) Get some quality rest/sleep.
b) Eat a sensible diet.
c) Balance work and family life.
d) Stop drinking alcohol (if you do).
e) Stop smoking (if you do).
f) Stop using recreational drugs (if you do).
Followed daily, these practices can have an extreme affect on your life. A number of these could be hard for some ,i.e. no smoking for a smoker or no alcohol for a drinker. You don't have to tackle these all at once. Go Slowly. Remember "Rome wasn't built in a day" and living with less stress is worth it.
Great Books on Stress Management
Fun Ways To Relieve Stress
Here are a few fun ways to relieve stress that may actually help:
1) Relaxation Time - Every day you should permit yourself to at least twenty minutes of quiet time. If its just that you simply kick your feet up, sit down and a few take deep breathes or relax watch your favorite comedy on television. We all need it on a day-to-day basis. Don't neglect this time.
2) Exercise - Your body releases endorphins when you exercise, which causes you to feel good when you're stressed. This endorphins can give you a pleasant natural high. Also, it makes your body fitter and stronger. Serious stress can have physical effects on you too. So go forward and give yourself 30 minutes, 3 times a week.
3) Hobbies - If it is writing, crafts or woodworking, everybody feels slightly better and a bit more calm when they permit themselves to get catch up in an activity that they adore. We need productive escapes every know and then and our hobbies actually offer an ideal way of accomplishing this.
4) Get family and friends - Love and laughter remain the best medication for stress. Ensure you give yourself sufficient time to be with the folks that love and support you. If they make you giggle a lot, then it is all good.
5) Laughter - Laughing can actually just make us flat out feel great. The more laughing we do, the better we feel. Also, research shows that laughter can assist us with our health issues. Make the effort to laugh each day.
These are some fun ways to relieve stress that can actually help you out. Naturally, there are lots of alternative ways to do this. However, simply make sure you use the ones that are best for you. It does not have to always be overpowering. Good luck!
What Is Your #1 Way To Relieve StressSee results without voting
More by this Author
What are the characteristics of a good leader? Do you think you possess these qualities? I have noticed similar patterns in many leaders that I think are great traits. Also, several studies have been conducted on the...
Were you aware that there are asthma scholarships and grants available to individuals with allergy's and asthma? It is true. With the state of the economy, it is great to have some financial assistance to help with...