The Top 10 Ways To Beat Insomnia Naturally
Top 10 Ways To Beat Insomnia Naturally
Getting the right amount of sleep makes us think and function well in all our daily tasks. If you're suffering from sleepless nights, it is important to figure out why insomnia is setting in and so it can be stopped as early as possible to prevent further health problems. Having a good quality sleep means living a good quality of life. Here are some of the best natural sleep remedies available to ease your insomnia without resorting to sleeping pills.
1. Eliminate caffeine from the diet. These come in the form of coffee, tea and soft drinks.
2. Taking a warm bath before bedtime can be really helpful. Use relaxing aromatherapy oils like Roman chamomile oil and lavander oil. Both have calming effects.
3. Spend at least 45 minutes of daily aerobic activity. A 30-minute brisk walk daily is helpful. Begin slowly with the aerobic exercise and avoid high intensity workouts. Raising the body temperature four to five hours before bedtime helps with the insomnia study says.
4. Encourage a consistent bedtime and wakeup time. This must be developed as a habit to cure chronic insomnia.
5. Magnesium is a natural sedative; eating foods that are rich in it may help. A sleep deprived person may also be having magnesium deficiency. Other symptoms that may come with magnesium deficiency are muscle cramps, anxiety, irritability, pain and constipation. Banana is a good example of food rich in magnesium
6. Carbohydrate consumption may also trigger sleep. Carbohydrates trigger insulin production. It induces sleep by releasing serotonin and tryptophan. These 2 brain chemicals help with relaxation and would eventually induce sleep.
7. Massage and acupuncture can be very helpful too. They promote relaxation and induce a good sleep. It promotes good blood circulation. However, this cannot be done on a daily basis and should not be done before going to bed, but a gentle massage to the feet and legs with the use of calming oil can be very helpful before sleeping.
8. Before going to bed, about one to two hours ahead, it is best to take yoga (meditation). It calms the mind and takes away the worries inside of it. This helps a lot in achieving a good quality of sleep.
9. Listen to calming and soothing music as a relaxing activity. As a person gets calmed, it induces sleep.
10. Avoid eating sweets before bedtime. It disrupts the blood sugar level and it will interrupt with the sleep as the sugar level returns to normal.
Natural Sleep Aids
Natural Sleep Aids
More by this Author
It's a common dilemna. You'd like to listen to your music in more than one room of the house, but how do you move the speakers without running long wires everywhere? Or maybe you have a home theater system and you're...
No comments yet.