Natural Ways for how to Get Rid of a Headache
The headache is something that everyone gets at least once in a while. It's a strange pain that can come on for any number of reasons. And the cure for most people is to pop an aspirin, Tylenol or Ibuprofen and be done with it. Others don't want to pop pills to take care of their headaches so they just suffer through them. After all, unless you suffer from migraines, it won't take too long for the headache to go away on its own. But do you really want to live with that throbbing in your head if you don't have to? People who want an alternative cure for headaches, one that is natural and not chemical, will be happy to find out that there are numerous natural ways to get rid of a headache. Here are some of those ways:
- Cayenne pepper can help clear your sinuses. If you suffer from sinus headaches, this type of home remedy can be a natural headache cure.
- Drink decaf. If you're a coffee, tea or soda drinker then you might be bringing on your headaches because of caffeine. If you fail to get that caffeine, you might get a withdrawal headache. You can either get a caffeinated drink when that happens or start curbing the caffeine out of your diet altogether.
- Drink water. Oftentimes, people get a headache because they are dehydrated. Getting some water in to your system can get rid of that headache. Drinking room temperature water is your best bet since water that is too cold can give temporarily give you even more of a headache.
- Eat right. If you get headaches on a regular basis, it could be due to a food allergy or a vitamin that is missing from your diet. Eat healthy and pay attention to what you eat and how you feel afterwards so that you can prevent the headache from happening in the first place. Also, if you get a headache, ask yourself if it's because you haven't eaten. Sometimes skipping meals can cause headaches so all you need to do is get some food in your system.
- Fresh air. Breathing deeply can do wonders for a headache in general; it'll be even more effective as a natural headache cure if you do it out in the fresh air.
- Lemons. Lemon juice added to water or tea can be a natural cure for a headache. You can also take the peel of a lemon and grind it up to make a paste. Applied to the face and forehead, this may be a headache cure as well because of the aromatherapy properties it has.
- Mint. Mint is soothing, especially in teas. And it can be a great natural way to get rid of your headache. Peppermint water will work as well.
- Take a nap. You might have a headache because you need some rest. This is especially true if your lack of sleep is causing you to strain your eyes during the day, resulting in a headache. If you can get away and take a nap when the headache comes on, you might wake up to find that it's gone.
More by this Author
Anxiety is a terrible condition. It is something that most of us have experienced to at least a minor degree. For some people, it’s a condition that can be debilitating. The good news for those people is...
- EDITOR'S CHOICE19
1. Fresh onion or garlic2. Clove oil3. Ice or heat4. Liquor5. Extracts6. Warm salt water7. Salt and pepper8. Wheatgrass9. Limes and lemons10. Tea bags I am convinced that there is no pain worse than tooth pain. There...
Dog toys can be a great source of entertainment, mental stimulation, and even dental hygiene for your pet. Plus, chew toys help take their focus off of the desire to chew your things! Unfortunately, though, a lot of...