Natural Ways of Preventing Constipation
Causes of Constipation
Constipation is not normal but having a regular digestive tract is normal; also preventing constipation the natural way is healthier. Constipation is when an individual has a difficult time having bowel movements. Eating a lot of sweets can cause serious constipation problems. Avoid eating white granulated sugar as much as possible; this should actually be a warning. White granulated sugar is not your friend!
Not drinking enough water
Lack of physical exercise
Not eating enough high fiber foods
Pregnant women tend to get constipated
Eating frequent beef and pork
Eating cheese frequently
Eating too much sugary foods such as candy, cakes, cookies, etc.
Tablet vitamins may cause constipation
Iron vitamins (ferrous sulfate) if not taken with a lot of water or natural fruit juice
The natural ways to reduce constipation is easy, and good for your overall health. Exercising is one major way to keep your bowels regular, because exercise helps with proper circulation of blood-flow. Aerobic exercises are great for preventing constipation such as sit ups, walking, cycling, swimming, waist-twists, crunches, and jogging. Most of the list below are foods that act as natural colon cleansers (grains, oats, and almonds). Other ways to prevent constipation, and to keep regular bowel movements as well:
- Eat a small bowl of oatmeal with slices fruit in it for breakfast daily.
- Eat wheat toast with a spread of fruit jam, not jelly.
- Consume a bowl of pears daily, (2-4 sliced pears).
- Eat raisins, dried cranberries, dried apricots, dried prunes, etc.
- Eat a handful of almonds daily.
- Drink 32-64 ounces of water daily.
- 100% Orange juice, 100% Cranberry juice, 100% Apple juice, 100% Carrot juice, Grapefruit juice, etc.
- Get 8-12 hours of sleep a night.
- 100% Aloe Vera juice taken orally.
- Never ignore the urge to have a bowel movement.
- Fruits and vegetables 2-4 times a day.
- Eat 100% Whole Wheat (Oroweat) bread for your sandwiches and toast.
- Daily intake of Psyllium husk capsules (intestinal health)
- Take liquid vitamins instead of tablet form vitamins.
- Eat 100% whole wheat products daily such as; breads, pastas, crackers, etc.
Also, if constipation is still a problem, seek professional help with your medical doctor. Your doctor may prescribe laxatives temporarily for the constipation; although the natural ways in preventing constipation has longer lasting effects.
As we know white sugar increases constipation symptoms; try using brown sugars, honey, molasses, etc., as your sugar substitutes. Bowel movements should be done every 1-2 days; but you shouldn't let 1-2 weeks pass without having a bowel movement. When you’re taking vitamins like iron pills, take the vitamin with a whole 8 ounce glass of water, or take the vitamin with 100% natural fruit juice. This will help the iron pill/vitamin absorb better in your digestive tract.
If you haven't had a bowel movement within 1-2 weeks, mix 2 table spoons of Apple Cider Vinegar into an 8 ounce glass of water; and then drink it (do this before going to bed).
These Psyllium Husk Capsules gets the job done. This is a natural way to treating constipation, there's 500 capsules in eat bottle.
Also check out
- 20 Benefits of Taking Probiotics - Lactobacillus Acidophilus Supplements
Probiotic supplements are beneficial for digestive system bacteria, that helps balance the natural digestive activity and enzymes that keep our digestive organs functioning properly. Taking daily probiotic supplements can assist with your overall...
© 2016 Ann810
More by this Author
Tips to stop hair pulling; form new positive habits, learn new hobbies, become more sociable, visit public places, get rest when you need it, and do daily Bible-meditation.
Probiotic supplements are beneficial for digestive system bacteria, that helps balance the natural digestive activity and enzymes that keep our digestive organs functioning properly. Taking daily probiotic supplements...
Most Black men and boys wear the Spinning Waves low hair cut, it's a nice clean look.