Home Remedies to Manage Neuropathies: Vitamins for Tingling Numbness
What are Neuropathies?: Neuropathy Symptoms
Neuropathy may be autonomic or peripheral; it results in a host of clinical features like pain, tingling numbness, burning, etc. The disorder is characterized by nerve damage. It is a painful condition, where, the nerves that connect the spinal cord and the brain, to the different parts of the body get impaired.
These damaged nerves cease to function normally. Consequently, one experiences tingling numbness, burning, and pain in the hands and / or feet. Commonly seen symptoms of neuropathy are moderate pain, tingling numbness, cramps and burning in the hands and feet. Over a period of time, the pains become severe and shooting in nature; there will be difficulty in walking and holding objects, coordination suffers and the patient may also complain of insomnia.
Home Remedies For Neuropathy: Natural Cure for Tingling Numbness
Here are some simple home remedies that can help in the management of neuropathies, while alleviating the symptoms like tingling numbness. These include certain foods and lifestyle tips,
- Capsaicin: an element that is found in bell peppers, it diminishes pain by reducing the stimulation of the pain receptors. Initially, capsaicin may trigger a prickly sensation; nevertheless, once the preliminary phase has passed, capsaicin is very efficient in pain management.
- Oats: oats are loaded with vitamin B complex; an essential vitamin that effectively manages neuropathy.
- Weight management: obesity and over weightedness increases tingling numbness and pain. Thus, maintaining an ideal body weight is crucial. Follow an exercise routine, correct dietary insufficiency, consume a balanced diet, and abstain from alcohol.
- Physiotherapy: exercises help improve the symptoms of neuropathy appreciably.
- Acupuncture: acupuncture is known to proffer remarkable benefits as well. Acupuncture reinstates balance and equilibrium in the body by manipulating the flow of ‘chi’ or the vital principle.
Vitamins for Neuropathy: Vitamins for Tingling Numbness
These vitamins play a vital part in the successful management of neuropathy:
Vitamin B1 is important in the management of neuropathies, principally, alcoholic and diabetic neuropathies. Vitamin B1 allays tingling and pain almost instantaneously. Studies have demonstrated amelioration within a three week trial phase.
Vitamin B12 supplements alleviate numbness of the feet, burning, as well as pain.
Insulin helps convey vitamin C in to cells, thereby, lowering permeability of the capillaries and augmenting wound healing. Diabetes drains out intracellular vitamin C, and hence disallows a diabetic of vitamin C’s cellular protection. Vitamin C is a potent anti oxidant and is crucial to prevent oxidative damage to the cells of the body.
Vitamin E is another powerful anti oxidant that significantly reduces level of free radicals and thus staves off oxidative damage. 6 months of vitamin E supplementation improves nerve function and conduction substantially.
More by this Author
Abdominal distention and bloating are common digestive problems and can be treated promptly using simple home remedies. Lifestyle modifications also help deal with a gassy stomach.
Tingling numbness is a very commonly experienced condition; however, it can be easily managed with home remedies and natural treatment options.
Liver Cysts rarely have any symptoms; nonetheless, the condition hampers liver functions considerably. Home remedies help treat the condition successfully and keep the liver functioning optimally.