New Things To Do With Your Neighbour !
A Less Humdrum Life
You know the saying, ' life is too short'. If that's the case, why do we get stuck in a rut? Doing the same thing everyday of our life and complaining that life is not fulfilling. There's no need for that. You can make simple changes to make your life less humdrum and find new things to do.
It does not take a lot of energy or money to change habits in our lives. Only you can make your life exciting, don't wait around for other people to do it for you. And you know what, once you start others will follow you - as they are also tired of doing the same thing day in and day out. Of course, certain things must be done - but there is room for some change in many little things we do in our daily life. These new things take you out of your comfort zone, but don't worry you will definitely feel more energized and positive by finding new things to do. They need not be major changes, often simple things bring the greatest pleasure. Some of the simplest pleasures don't need to be expensive or cost anything at all. It is an unfortunate consequence of this capitalist society that many of us feel that happiness can be purchased. Yes, they are great consumer products to be had, but your happiness does not depend on all of them. The simple pleasures in life are long term and more rewarding.
I have compiled a list of new things to do, that can lift your spirits and make humdrum days seem so much more pleasurable.
Do Something Different Toady
New Things To Do Today
- Find a dance class in your area and go. It does not matter if you only attend one session, but you will have broken the habit of staying at home.
- Don't wear a frown; smile and the world will smile back at you.
- Help a child to read. There are many children that need patient and joyful adults to help them read. Ask at a school or contact your local authority to find out about this.You will have to be security cleared by the school.
- Text or email a friend you have not heard from in a long time - tell them about the new you the new things you are doing.
- Knock on your neighbours door and see how they are doing; be interested in them and they will show an interest in you.
- Go for a walk after dinner with a partner, friend or on your own.
- Listen to an audio book. There are plenty of free audio books to select from.
- Takeanother route home from work.
- Try out a new recipe, something you would not normally attempt to cook.
- Go and watch a live event- it does not matter what, as long as it 's live. There are plenty of free events - in the summer they are easier to find.
- Read a book to your child and listen to an audio book together. Funny books are a great way to lift your mood and have fun with your child.
- If you drive, go out of your way to let pedestrians cross the road! We are always in a rush. No one wants the pedestrians to cross the road. Some drivers will drive around them , mount the pavement just to get past them. OK - mount pavement was a bit of an exaggeration - but you know that I mean!
- Visit an exhibition or museum. I live in the UK, but I know all over the world there are many free museums, photographic galleries and architectural buildings for you to visit. Take a camera with you and capture the day.
- Start to draw or paint. This is very inexpensive. Get some paint and paper and away you go. Want some tips on painting then look no further than YouTube.
- Have a singing lesson - there are many free singing lessons on YouTube.
- Go bike riding at your local park or learn to ride a bike. Bike riding is so much fun and a great form of physical exercise. Go with a group or on you own- be safe.
- Go to the pictures / cinema or theatre on your own - no one cares! People are too caught up with how much money they have and what they look like to care about a lone person at the theatre or cinema.
- Get up early and do some a new exercise. Start your day early and it just seems to be better than staying in bed past your natural sleep pattern.
- Do the grocery shopping somewhere else. No one is holding you hostage, go and look at another grocery store. You never know, you might get a bargain.
- Play a board game with your family or a game of cards.
- Put your favourite music on and have a dance on your own , with friends or with your partner - find a new friend or partner!
Now, don't you feel happier already? There are so many new things for you to do, just give them a try.
Have a suggestion? Then add it to the list in comments.
Have a wonderfully different day.
More by this Author
A new Shakespeare. Free play script for children to have fun acting. This Shakespearean script gives young people the chance to experience Shakespeare. This is a FREE PLAY SCRIPT TO DOWNLOAD for all.