Olive Oil and its many different uses for the home and body
Bottling Olive Oil
Uses for Olive Oil
We have all used olive oil in the kitchen for many things. We can use it while frying, baking, or cooking great cakes. Then you can use it for salads, sauces or even in adding flavor to our bread.
No, you do not need to stop there, try using some ideas that I have listed below.
Uses For the Body:
- Sore or Dry throat - sip teaspoon of oil before going to bed, also helps prevent snoring.
- Dry Heels-File of the excessive dried skin, then, rub on some olive oil. Cover with pair old socks before going to bed.
- Massage the body - use to massage the body, add chili seeds for that extra deep massage. Do not rub hand near eyes after massaging, as it will burn.
- Remove car grease- rub on olive oil, wipe off with paper towel. It will remove the grease.
- Remove paint from hands and face - rub olive oil into skin; wash off with soap and water.
- Manicure nails - soak in oil and rub into the cuticles and nails, helps prevent cracking and revitalizes nail and skin.
- Wiry and frizzy hair - place small amount in hands and rub lightly over hair, it will help control your unruly hair
- Nappy Rash-use to prevent nappy rash after bathing baby, if none available use Vaseline
Green Olives on Branch
Olive Oil Bush Lamp
Polish Wood with Olive Oil and Lemon Juice
- Furniture polish and cover cracks - put small amount on soft cloth and wipe over furniture, use extra to cover cracks. Add strained lemon juice to give a fresher smell
- Prevents sticking - rub small amount inside measuring cups, will prevent honey, syrup from sticking to sides of container
- Candle wax - rub small amount inside candle holders, this will prevent wax from caking on holder
- Shine Stainless steel pots- pour small amount on soft cloth and rub over the pot, this will bring up the shine
- Prevent Rusting - rub gardening tools with olive oil to prevent rusting when left out in the weather
- Sticky Zip - rub small amount on the metal of zip only, taking care not to get any on material
- Squeaky hinges - apply small amount on hinges to prevent squeak
- Shines shoes-put small amount on cloth and rub onto shoes. This will prevent them from cracking
- Copper and Brass-clean then apply small amount of oil to tarnishing
- Prevent Wood cracking or splitting-apply a small amount on soft cloth and rub into the wood
- Rejuvenate old leather-apply to soft cloth and rub over the leather
Join Me at Hub Pages
You could also be a Hubpages author, by signing up today for free, and start making money from Google, amazon and ebay
More by this Author
Shipping container homes are a new way of obtaining a cheaper home and acquiring a new lifestyle for your family. You can also pick up and move if your neighbors are not friendly or cause a problem
Protecting yourself from sunburn at any time is very important. So often we think nothing of driving for miles in the sun not aware of the risks from sunburn coming through a glass windscreen or any window for...
Blue Heeler cattle dogs will do anything to protect their owners, even risking their own lives. That's how faithful they are to their friends.