Organic India Tulsi Green Tea - A Review
Organic India Tulsi Green Tea
I have been drinking Organic India's Tulsi Green Tea since a few years now. I drink a cup twice a day, once in the morning and the other at night just before I go to sleep.
After being a regular drinker of this brand of tea since so many years, I have found that it has benefitted me in more ways than one. A brief summary of the benefits that have I have experienced are :
- More alertness and less fatigue.
- Improvement in stamina.
- Improvement in digestive function.
- No incidence of respiratory problems like cough, cold etc even in extreme winter.
- No health issues.
Tulsi Green Tea Leaves
Read my hubs on Tulsi And Green Tea
- The Holy Basil -The Health Benefits Of Tulsi Leaves, Seeds And Oil
Holy Basil or Tulsi is a medicinal herb which has a large number of benefits. Read about the health benefits of tulsi leaves, seeds and oil...
- The Amazing Health Benefits Of Green Tea by rajan jolly
Green tea is the least processed of all the teas and contains the maximum concentration of beneficial polyphenols - the catechins. To know the health benefits of green tea, read on...
About Tulsi And Green Tea
Tulsi has been revered in India for over 5000 years as a healing spice for the body, mind and spirit because of its remarkable heritage of restorative powers and stress relieving properties.
Some of the benefits of Tulsi are :
- Reduces stress and helps to relax
- Boosts stamina and keeps one going
- Fights illnesses like cough, cold, etc, lowers fever
- Reduces cholesterol
- Eliminates toxins and supports the liver
- Protects against radiation
- Regulates blood pressure and blood sugar; supports the blood vessels and heart
- Strengthens immunity
- Rich in antioxidants
- Improves digestion and metabolism
About Green Tea
One of the least processed of all tea varieties is green tea and it therefore possesses the maximum antioxidant polyphenols among all varieties of tea.
Some of the benefits of green tea are :
- Rich in catechin polyphenols especially epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG), a powerful antioxidant which inhibits cancer cell growth, prevents abnormal blood clotting.
- Antibacterial, prevents tooth decay, food poisoning etc.
- Reduces cholesterol and prevents heart disease.
- Improves immunity.
- Burns fat.
- Anti ageing benefits.
A Refreshing Cup Of Tulsi Green Tea
Why Organic India Tulsi Green Tea - My Reasons - The Pros
The above mentioned benefits of tulsi and green tea can be had by buying any good brand of these teas. My reasons for rooting for Organic India's Tulsi Green Tea are :
- A global leader in organic foods and health products.
- Certified organic - a sure way to trust that the purchase is pure, safe and uncontaminated.
- Tested to guarantee that the products are free from all toxins.
- Premium quality tea blend.
- Promotes sustainable organic agriculture and protects the natural ecosystem.
- Supports thousands of marginal farmers and tribal wild crafters in rural India.
- This amazing combination refreshes, energizes and tastes wonderful.
Organic India's Tulsi Green Tea is a combination of tulsi and green tea that promotes healthy metabolism which is vital to weight management and can help in reducing weight.
Both Tulsi and Green tea are rich in antioxidants which eliminate damaging free radicals in the body and have a vast array of remarkable benefits some of which have been outlined above.
The only cons of Green tea is that it contains caffeine but it has only 30-60 mg caffeine in 180 to 240 ml tea as compared to over 100 mg caffeine in 240 ml of coffee.
This is low.
Tea Making Directions
For Hot Tea
Put 1 tsp tea in a cup (120 ml). Pour boiling water directly on the leaves. cover and infuse for 3 to 4 minutes.
Add sweetener, if desired. I add a tsp of honey for added benefit and flavor.
Strain and serve without adding milk.
For Iced Tea
After straining the tea in the above case, let it cool for 15 -20 minutes. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Add icecubes and some drops of lemon juice to enhance the taste.
For Tea Bags
Use 1 tea bag in a cup of hot water. Infuse for 3 to 4 minutes.
Add sweetener if desired.
Serve without milk.
Another Ayurvedic Tea Made With a Number of Herbs
- Divya Peya - The Ayurvedic (Herbal) Tea And Its Health Benefits
Divya peya is an Ayurvedic tea made by Swami Ramdev's Divya Pharmacy. It is a herbal tea made of a variety of herbs that offer many health benefits. Read on to learn about the health benefits of this tea...
I have benefitted by improvement in health and would highly recommend Organic India's Tulsi Green Tea for those who have no major health issues.
However, to be on the safe side do consult your doctor or healthcare provider before starting this regime.
Please Note :
This is an independent review not sponsored by Organic India in anyway or as an advertisement.
I wanted to share the benefits that drinking this tea provided me and hence this review.
No side effects have been reported. However those pregnant, breastfeeding or attempting to conceive should consult their healthcare practitioner before starting this health routine.
The information provided in this hub is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Please consult your physician, or health care provider before taking any home remedies, supplements or starting a new health regime.
Some Of My Other Related Hubs
- Tea And Health Benefits Of Black, Green, Oolong, Yellow And White Tea
Tea is a beverage consumed the world over. It is consumed in a variety of ways. Not only is it a refreshing drink it offers a multitude of health benefits as well. To know more, read on...
- Honey & Health - Manuka Honey
Honey is a natural food made by the honey bees. Of all the honeys available, manuka honey stands out as the one most beneficial to health. To find out whick manuka honey is the best and why, read on...
- Honey Health Benefits
Honey is a natural, sweet and healthy food that is made by bees from the nectar in flowers. It is a natural antibacterial. Read on to learn about the many honey health benefits...
Benefits Of Tulsi (HolyBasil)
Benefits Of Green Tea
More by this Author
Salt is the oldest known food additive. Besides its culinary and industrial uses, salt is used to ameliorate many health issues. Learn about the medicinal uses of salt in this article.
- 17Charoli or Chironji: The Indian Medicinal Plant and Its Health Benefits, Nutrients, Uses and Recipes
Charoli or chironji is an Indian medicinal plant whose seeds are used in sweet desserts and cuisine. They are also used in Ayurveda. Read to learn about its health benefits, nutrients, uses and more...
Watermelon is a very healthy fruit—in moderation. It is a good source of potassium and vitamins. Side effects of over-eating, however, include diarrhea and intestinal disturbances.