Overcoming Your Addiction To Alcohol
How bad does an alcoholic want to have his/her sobriety back into their lives? Do they want sobriety or are they forced into something they are not ready for yet?
Are they living in a world of denial and do not realize what harm they are doing to their life and everyone else around them that love and care about them?
Overcoming your addiction to alcohol can be hard for many , but if you really want sobriety back into your life it's going to take some work on your part. Nothing good in life comes easy, but it will come with a little effort put forth.
First off, you have to get out of the denial you are in and just admit that you do have an addiction to alcohol and that you are willing to do what it takes to overcome your addiction. This denial will stand in your way of your sobriety, so you must get out of it and just surrender to your inner demons and look forward to your new sober life.
Always remember, if you have the determination and the willingness to change your life you can overcome anything and that includes your addiction to alcohol.
I must say, for myself, I had to do some real heavy duty thinking when i wanted to change my life and stop drinking alcohol. The reason being, I had to think, is sobriety what I want or do I just want to continue drinking alcohol until the day I die. By looking at my life and my family that loved me so much, I made my decision to quit drinking alcohol to save my life and not only save me, I would save my family from losing me and from having unnecessary broken hearts all to my alcohol addiction and the life I was leading.
I now realize, and you will too if you really think about it, that we the alcoholic are not the only ones suffering from our addiction to alcohol. Yours and mine addiction effects many. We just don't see what is happening because we are to involved with our demons and what they want out of us, and that is to keep on feeding the poison to them.
- Admitting you have a drinking problem is a great start towards sobriety.
- Getting out of the denial you have lived in is also a huge plus towards sobriety.
- Asking for the help you need to get you sober and stay sober.
- Changing your attitude towards life in a positive manner.
- Picking your sober date and sticking to it.
- Do not make any excuses for why you drink alcohol.
- Tell yourself you can and will become clean and sober no matter what it takes.
- Steer clear of the alcoholic buddies you once hung out with while getting drunk.
- Explain to them that you are quitting drinking and for them not to down you for your decision to stop drinking alcohol, but to support you if they find it in their heart to help.
- Think Positive and keep a Positive Attitude in everything you so in life and that's including getting sober and staying sober forever.
- Believe in yourself and continue to tell yourself that your will overcome your addiction once and for all and live that clean and sober life you so well deserve.
Books on Overcoming Your Addiction to Alcohol
What a Life Being Clean and Sober
© 2011 Mark Bruno
More by this Author
Here is feeling lost and empty after an alcoholic stops drinking alcohol and my story and thoughts on just how I got through the torture. I call this torture because alcohol was my life, my best friend, and something I...
Everyone one in the world has had or has problems in their life. Many choose to correct the problems in the best way they can and figure those problems out in a sober way.
You may wonder just how alcohol can ruin your life and I am here to tell you it is almost 100 percent sure to destroy you and your family if you let it happen. The alcoholic has no control over the demons within them,...