Discover the Facts about Penis Yeast Infections and How-to Protect Your Sex Life
Penis yeast infections are widely misunderstood and much overlooked these days.
Yeast infections are not just limited to thrush, the oral yeast infection. If you suffer from a penis yeast infection and want to know how to get rid of it for good, stay healthy, and protect your sex life, read on.
Candida albicans, a fungus, is the most common cause of penis yeast infection. Candida albicans can be transmitted through sexual intercourse with a woman who is already infected by a yeast infection.
Other causes of penis yeast infection include:
1. Prolonged antibiotic use. Antibiotics can disrupt the normal healthy bacteria level and result in an overgrowth of Candida cells causing symptoms of infection.
2. A weakened immune system and certain diseases, like diabetes, may increase the susceptibility to penis yeast infections.
3. Condoms with nonoxynol-9 lubricant may contribute to penis yeast infections because nonoxynol-9 is known to cause vaginal yeast infections. However, don't compromise your sex life by having unprotected sex - using a condom (even if it contains Nonoxynol- 9) is much safer than having unprotected sex.
4. Certain foods like sweets, acidic foods, like processed cheese, and fermented foods/beverages and can encourage the overgrowth of the fungus leading to infections.
5. Uncircumcised men experience yeast infection much more often than men that have been circumcised.
Men may not experience any symptoms of the infection, however, if symptoms are present they may include:
- A burning sensation during intercourse
- The head of the penis may be irritated, sore, and/or itchy
- A white, clumpy discharge
- Red, itchy bumps
- Dry, cracked, reddish skin on the head of the penis. When the man has an erection, the dry skin can crack and be extremely painful (this is a late stage sign and symptom)
In addition to how it can affect your sex life, other potential complications of a penis yeast infection include:
- Mood swings and general irritability
- Prostate problems (this is a late complication)
How to treat a penis yeast infection:
1. Avoid foods high in sugar
2. Avoid scented soaps - use a mild, unscented soap
3. Avoid tight underwear - yeast needs a moisture and heat trapping environment to stay alive. Sleep without underwear and avoid wearing heat-trapping underwear.
4. Avoid antibiotics - antibiotics will destroy the good bacteria that are needed for the body. Today, more and more patients use natural remedies to resolve their penis yeast infection because it is safe from drugs, effective and inexpensive.
5. If you, or your partner, have an active infection you should be extra careful to follow safer sex guidelines until you are sure you are both infection-free.
Whatever your state of penis yeast infection, be it mild or chronic recurring infections, your sex life does not need to be compromised. Penis yeast infections are curable and there are numerous approaches available. The problem or challenge occurs when they stop working or only help, temporarily. At that point, the occasional occurrence of the penis yeast infection may become a reoccurring infection. Restore the vitality of your sex life by treating both the root cause of the yeast infection, as well as the symptoms. For more information on products about alternate remedies for yeast infection visit HomeRemediesForYeastInfection.com