52 Positive Messages for Monday Morning
Monday is the most popular sick day, according to a 2009 UK research. Thirty-five percent (35%) of all sick leave is taken on Mondays.
Professor Cary Cooper, occupational health psychologist at the University of Lancaster, states his opinion: “Some employees may feel the weekend is not enough so they take the extra day. But I suspect what is happening is people are lying about their reason for sickness.”
"Bright and Beautiful." Not about Monday; about ME on Monday.
Here are 52 positive weekly messages for Monday Mornings. Most specifically mention Monday; all have the potential to push start Monday attitudes and performances in the right direction.
Use them as prescriptions to boost the Monday Morning adrenalin and maintain it for the week.
Spring: New Beginnings Every Day
- Remember when you heard the life-changing words, “You start on Monday!”
- "Then God looked over all he had made, and he saw that it was very good!" That included Monday.
- The secret to your success is found in your daily agenda. . . Do the rights things every day . . . and you will eventually achieve what you set out to do. – John C. Maxwell
- You want to know what living life to the fullest actually is? It's waking up on a Monday morning with no complaints. - Bernajoy Vaal
- A champion is one who gets up when he can’t. - Jack Dempsey
- What I do on the football field . . . gives people a pep in their step on Monday morning when they go back to work. - Drew Brees
- Start with a good Monday. Weekdays get better and the weekend is the best.
- You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great. - Anonymous
Everyone hates Mondays. But I look at it a little differently. I don’t have to work. I get to work. I am blessed to have a job. - Dinky Manuel
- I believe in the motto, ‘Try and try again.” But the way I read it, it says, “Try, then stop and think. Then try again.” – William Dean Singleton
- Monday evaluates your level of enthusiasm. It measures what you have to work with for the rest of the week.
- Work only on the days you feel like it, and accomplish only what you feel you can; work whenever there is work to be done, and accomplish all that you possibly can.
- Mondays . . . offers new beginnings 52 times a year. - David Dweck
Summer: But The Heat Doesn’t Go to Your Head
- Monday is the key day of the week. - Gaelic Proverb
- I know it's Monday but it's also a new day, a new week, and in that lies a new opportunity for something special to happen. – Michael Ealy
- Fire yourself on a Friday night and come in on Monday morning as if a search firm put you there as a turn-around leader. - Andrea Jung
- Self-discipline is the ability to do what is right even when you don’t feel like doing it.- John C. Maxwell
- Monday is a preset thermostat lowering the desire for weekend pleasure and heightening the aspiration for weekday business.
- To move the world, we must first move ourselves. – Socrates
- It’s kind of fun to do the impossible. – Walt Disney
- Mondays test your ability to refocus after the weekend distraction.
You don't want to have to come into work on Monday already apologizing. I try to save my apologies for what I've done later in the week. - Ike Barinholtz
- Truly successful people have learned to do what does not come naturally. – Joseph Mancusi
- Anything worth having is worth striving for with all your might. - Orville Redenbacher
- Monday is an equal opportunity starting line; sprinters who pace themselves throughout the week can still be first to brace the tape on Friday.
Monday religion is better than Sunday profession. - Anonymous
Fall: The Weather Changes; Purpose Remains
- Welcome to Monday. Please secure your seat belt, keep your arms and legs in at all times, and enjoy the ride. – Good Statuses
- Tired of singing Monday blues? Try dancing to Monday blessings!
- Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower. - Albert Camus
- You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours. – The Bible
On Saturday, I was a surgeon in South Africa, very little known. On Monday, I was world renowned. - Christiaan Barnard
- We can control our thoughts about Mondays and how it affects our productivity.
- We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit. – Aristotle
- One half of knowing what you want is knowing what you must give up before you get it. Sidney Howard
- I think we're seeing in working mothers a change from "Thank God it's Friday" to "Thank God it's Monday." If any working mother has not experienced that feeling, her children are not adolescent. - Ann Diehl
- Always remember that striving and struggle precede success, even in the dictionary. – Sarah Ban Breatnach
- Monday is underrated: Without it, there could be no Monday night football.
- I must break the routines and become a person who becomes productive every Monday. I must break the mindset of unhappiness and turn myself into a happy magnet for Mondays. - Leggy Saul
- I'm a very ritualistic, routine-oriented person, and I discovered over the years that I love working Monday through Friday. - Edie Falco
Winter: Cold Days, Sunny Visualizations, Happy Dispositions
- Monday is a great for becoming too busy to die.
- We need Mondays hours to make up the count for the paycheck – and the benefits.
- Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan ‘press on’ has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race. – Calvin Coolidge
- Federal holidays are celebrated on Mondays than on any other day; just another reason to love Mondays.
- Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face. - Victor Hugo
The sanctity of prayer is needed to impregnate business. We need the spirit of Sunday carried over to Monday . . . This cannot be done by prayerless men, but by men of prayer. - Edward McKendree Bounds
- You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have really lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love. - Henry Drummond
- The habit of waking up with a spirit of gratitude every morning will take care of our attitude on Monday mornings.
- Experience is not what happens to you. Experience is what you do with what happens to you. – Aldous Huxley
- Life is not simply holding a good hand. Life is playing a poor hand well. – Danish Proverb
- Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. – The Bible
There should be a holiday dedicated to all the brave people who show up to work on Mondays. - Anonymous
- Monday is just a reminder that the weekend has past and there are only a few more days before another weekend gets here.- Anonymous
© 2013 Dora Isaac Weithers
More by this Author
No matter your age, if you are haunted by a dream you once had and lost, you can find peace and satisfaction. The sooner, the better. Here are 5 suggestions to help you restore a forgotten dream.
How failure works for you, depends on your attitude towards it. Resent it and it will stand in your line of vision and block your view totally. Embrace it and it will teach you. R. H. Macy proved it.
Before you become annoyed by the habit of humming in the elderly, find out why they hum and how it benefits them. Your tolerance level may increase and you may gain a new appreciation for humming.