Ear Care Tips : How to Protect Ear from Infection
We shall protect the ear!
Those who try to cure ear pain using pain killers beware! The actual spot of pain as well the circumstances that causes the pain should be properly traced and medical attention seeked immediately, or else it could lead to the loss of hearing. There are 2 types of hearing loss ,
- Conductive hearing loss -caused by a mechanical problem in the ear canal or middle ear that blocks the conduction of sound
- Sensorineural hearing loss -caused by damage to the inner ear auditory nerve ot pathways in the brain
How the Ear Works
To understand the function of a human ear we will follow the path of sound traveled at normal conditions
- Sound waves move past the external ear (pinna) and into the ear canal
- The sound waves move down the ear canal towards the eardrum
- The sound waves causes the eardrum to move in and out spanning the middle ear cavity three linked bones known collectively as the Ossicles -the smallest of the bones ,the stapes presses into the inner ear
- When sound waves moves the eardrum the movement is transmitted by the ossicles through the middle ear and into into inner ear ,In the inner ear organ of hearing is a fluid filled structure known as the cochlea
- In the cochlea the sound waves is transformed into electrical pulses , which travels down the nerves to the brain then the sound is processed
Diagram of the Human Ear
Earwax Removal Kits
Reason for Ear Pain - Ear Wax to Cancer
Ear Pain could be caused by many reasons. The human ear has 2 parts The Inner part and Outer part . In the outer ear, pain is due to
- Ear wax
- Fungus attack
- Water clogging etc
Other reasons for pain in Inner ear
- Block in the Eustachian tube
- Germ infection in the Mastoid behind the ears
- Cancer in the center of the neck
- Tuberculosis that affects the tongue
- Cancer that affects the Lungs
- Cervical Spondylosis
- Tooth decay
Inner ear infection symptoms can be without any particular reason .
Watch the Ear Infection Symptoms
- Long term Ear Infections accompanied with secretion of fluids mixed with blood from the ear, facial spasms, etc are the major symptoms.
- Others include acute and sudden pain inside the ear , voice of ringing bells arising inside the ear , lesser hearing faculty , secretion of fluids mixed with blood and pus , bad odor inside the ears , drippy ears and retarded hearing
How old was your child when he had his first ear infection?See results without voting
How To Properly Clean Out Your Ears
Top Tips to Protect the Ear !!!
- Buds, pencils, and sharp sticks should not be inserted inside the ear. It could tear the Ear drum.
- The Wax that appears outside the ear could be cleaned just with a mild rub.
- Avoid scratching the ear with unclean fingers or other utilities. It could lead to infection.
- There should be no delay in treating Sinusitis, Tooth ache or Tonsillitis.
- In case of any injury to the ear; ensure that the medical help seeked is especially from ENT Doctors.
- If any small insect enters the ear accidentally, never pour hot water or oil inside the ear to flush it out. Instead, water could be sprayed lightly inside the ear.
- Even though safe pain killers like Paracetamols could be used in the event of an Earache, the best solution is to visit a doctor and seek proper medical help.
- Do not lie down and breast feed infants as this can also lead to infection in Ears.
Suggested ear buds for cellphone users
- Klipsch Image S4 earphones
- Philips SHE-9850 In-Ear Headphones
- Apple In-Ear headphones
- Sony MDR-EX90LP
- Ultimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio
- V-moda Vibe
Share Your Views and comments on "How to test hearing loss? "
Read more about Ears
- Hearing Loss in Teenagers
If you find yourself screeching at your teen, and getting no response, there may be an innocent explanation; your teen may be experiencing hearing loss. There are studies that indicate about 15 percent of...
- Ear Wax Removal the Safe Way
Ear wax removal seems such a trivial topic and most likely to be dismissed as something ordinary. Well for some people that may be the case; but for others it would be surprising to note that they may be...
- Every Kind of Ear Piercing
All about the different types of ear piercings. Plus get advice on aftercare and healing, look for earrings and jewelry, see piercing videos and more!
More by this Author
The Real Facts about McDonald’s French fries .lots of controversies are about McDonald's Food quality
Even professionals have had difficulty determining if a diamond is real or not. You can use a diamond tester to test the purity of diamonds
There are many advantages of using baby walker. One is to be proud of giving a valuable gift to the babies and the baby will be happy inside it. So if we put the baby in walker then parents can do all the works without...