Pros and Cons of 5 Popular Weight Loss Supplements
Weight loss supplements, also known as diet pills, have their benefits and drawbacks. Some of these supplements have been proven to be effective. Some of them have been shown to have little in the way of side effects. However, they all have their pros and cons. This article takes a look at five popular weight loss supplements and examines the pros and cons of each of them to assist you in deciding whether or not you want to use diet pills to help you to lose weight.
A Quick Note About the Safety of Supplements
There is a very important thing to recognize about the safety of weight loss supplements which is that it’s not quite clear how safe many of these products are. Because they are considered to be natural products, they don’t necessarily get reviewed by the FDA. They have side effects and can be very powerful interacting with your body. Even though supplements are available over the counter, it is always best to talk to your doctor about the fact that you are using them.
1. Alli. This is a diet pill that you use in conjunction with a total weight loss plan. This is one of the most well-known weight loss supplements available on the market.
Pros of Alli:
· It is FDA-approved. This is the only weight loss supplement that has been approved by the FDA. This does not mean that it is 100% safe but it suggests a level of safety that you may or may not get with other diet pills.
· There is a good chance of long-term success with Alli. Alli has been shown to be an effective weight loss tool for people who want to lose weight and to keep it off over time. It is combined with a diet and exercise plan that really amounts to a total lifestyle change for weight loss. It’s more than just a supplement.
Cons of Alli:
· Severe side effects. The biggest drawback of Alli is that a lot of people report very uncomfortable side effects when using this product. They have gas and diarrhea and stomach pain. This reportedly goes away after your body gets used to Alli but it’s definitely a big drawback.
· You won’t lose a lot of weight. Although Alli does work for long term weight loss, it doesn’t allow you to lose significant amounts of weight. It is not good for people who want to lose a lot of weight with supplements.
2. Apidexin. This is a weight loss supplement that is designed to increase your metabolism and to help you burn fat more quickly.
Pros of Apidexin:
· It contains natural ingredients that are likely to be safe for the body.
· It has been found to be effective in assisting people to lose weight.
· Very few side effects. This weight loss supplement has fewer side effects than most of the others. In fact, most people who have taken report that they did not experience any side effects.
Cons of Apidexin:
· The product itself has not been tested for safety. Some of the ingredients in the product have been tested but the total product needs to be studied more
3. Liporexall. Like Apidexin, this is a metabolism-boosting, fat burning diet pill.
Pros of Liporexall:
· Many of the ingredients in Liporexall have been tested and are patented.
· This weight loss supplement comes with a money back guarantee so you can get a refund if it doesn’t work for you.
Cons of Liporexall:
· This product causes problems for people who are sensitive to stimulants. It can have side effects especially for people who are sensitive to caffeine.
4. Lipo 6. This weight loss supplement is designed to increase your energy levels and boost your metabolism in order to assist you in losing weight.
Pros of Lipo 6:
· It may aid weight loss. This weight loss supplement has been proven to be effective for some people.
· It is widely available. This is a product that is very easy to locate and purchase.
· It is affordable. This is one of the most affordable weight loss supplements on the market.
Cons of Lipo 6:
· It has too many stimulants. Many people find that this product has way too many stimulants in it which causes side effects like a racing heart, headaches and anxiety.
· It doesn’t work for everyone. A lot of people have tried to take this supplement and haven’t had any positive results.
5. Xyphedra. This is a weight loss supplement that is intended for people who have more than twenty pounds that they need to lose.
Pros of Xyphedra:
· This product works immediately. This weight loss supplement is designed to help people to lose weight very quickly. They say that you can lose ten pounds in the first week of using this product.
Cons of Xyphedra:
· It has a bad reputation. This weight loss product has a bad reputation because it used to contain the ingredient ephedra which has now been banned in the United States due to the fact that it is not safe. However, the current formula of this product does not contain ephedra.
· This is a stimulant-based weight loss supplement so it can have many of the same negative side effects as Lipo 6.
· There may be no long-term weight loss with Xyphedra. It lets you lose weight quickly but most people gain that weight back because this isn’t a long-term weight loss solution on its own.
· This product has a money-back guarantee.
More by this Author
Caffeine may be something that we consume on a daily basis but that doesn't diminish the fact that it's a serious drug. People who regularly have caffeine in their diets realize this when they fail to get their daily...
Supplements are products that are available to people over the counter. For this reason, many people make the mistake of assuming that all supplements are safe. However, this is not necessarily true. Many...
How can you tell if your mushrooms are turning bad? Find out the most common signs to look for before throwing them out.