Sun Protection and a Safety Survival Guide For All Safe Summer Activities Trips and Experiences
Stay Safe This Summer!
Basic Items You Need This Summer To Be Safe and Have Fun!
What Will You Do This Summer?
It's that time of year again! The sun is shining and you can't wait to go outside and do something with the family!
Whether you are going out camping, fishing, playing sports such as baseball, basketball, volleyball,tennis or golf, you need to protect yourself from the elements!
Common Health Problems and Conditions associated with Outdoor Recreation:
- Bug Bites
- Tornadoes and Hurricanes
- Heat Stroke
- Swimming Safety
- Fire Safety
- Getting Lost
- Camping Accidents
- Alcohol Related Incidents
These are just a few of the common problems people face when spending time in the outdoors. Planning ahead is the key to a successful outing and being prepared is what you should do!
This guide will help cover all the bases no matter if you are going to a NASCAR event or just spending the day at the beach. Always be prepared!
Going Swimming? Don't Go Into the Water Until You Read This!
If You Are Going Swimming This Summer Make Sure You Have a Safety Plan!
- How To Keep Safe In the Water: Swimming Pool and Beach Safety Tips and Lessons for Kids, Children an
Whether you are going on Vacation to a Tropical Island, visiting your Local Beach, or spending the day in the Yard with a Pool, creating a Safety Net for your family and Keeping an Eye Out will greatly decrease the possibility of a swimming accident.
Enjoying the Water Is Fun...When You Are Safe!
Check Out This List of Essential Camping Equipment!
A Guide To Safe Camping
- How To Plan A Safe Camping Trip: Guide and Tips To Be Prepared
The birds are chirping, the flowers are budding and you are starting to get Spring Fever. It's time to start thinking about Planning Your Camping Vacation and this Guide will help you to have a Safe and Enjoyable Camping Trip!
Camping In Bear Country? Read This Article!
- Go Camping In White Mountains NH
I was lucky to be able to go camping so often when I was younger. My Father is a Vietnam Veteran, and he has a knack for the outdoors and survival. He shared his passion with me ever since I can remember. I joined the Boy Scouts when I was young...
Take The Kids Fishing!
While We are Camping We Can Go Boating and Fishing!
One Fish...Two Fish...
- Do You Catch Fish?
I have been both fresh and saltwater fishing since I was a young child. I often went shore fishing with my sister, then I ended up going out on a boat with my father and my grandfather. The boat belonged to my grandfather who...
What Do You Enjoy Doing In the Summer?
What Outdoor Activities Do You Most Enjoy?See results without voting
No Matter What You Choose To Do This Summer, Make Sure You Are Prepared! Here are 10 Tips to Consider:
It doesn't take much to turn an awesome experience into a dangerous one. Weather can change, people can get sick or have an accident. Some people are allergic to bees while others can't swim very well. The chances of a serious problem rising increases during the summer months.
The most dangerous situations can come from overcrowding of recreation areas and lack of supervision. Add alcohol to the mix and things can get scary!
So what can you do to be prepared and ready for any type of emergency situation? Here are the basic elements of survival:
- Know your surroundings, environment and changes in weather (as well as tides, sun strength and the potential for storm activity)
- Use Personal Protection Equipment to avoid problems
- Use a Map. GPS is not always reliable and neither are the gadgets that stream them. Having an updated map of the area you plan to visit will save you a lot of time and anxiety!
- Carry a First Aid Kit at all times!
- Ask the Locals! If you have questions about the area you are visiting, check out the local Visitor's Bureau or ask the people that live in the area. They may have some special tips for you.
- Have a Back-up Plan. Sometimes you plan on driving to your favorite destination only to find that it is overcrowded or closed for some reason. If you have a back-up plan you can still enjoy your day!
- Avoid Large Crowds. If you go to an event and you feel that it is overcrowded, leave! Overcrowding can be disastrous, especially when alcohol is being consumed. Make sure that if you are indoors you check what the limit is for occupancy. If there is a fire you don't want to deal with a mob!
- Know your Safety Exits. As soon as you go into a place, have a look around and assess how you can get out safely in an emergency. Imagine that you can find a safe exit if you were blindfolded.
- If you are Grilling Food or having an Open Fire, be sure to have access to water or a Fire Extinguisher.
Other Summer Sports and Activities
There are other Sports and Summer Activities that can only last a day or even a few hours. You still need to protect yourself while you are outside!
Some of these sports include:
- Baseball and Softball
- Surfing and Wake Boarding
- Lawn and Yard Games
No matter What you are Planning to Do this Summer Make Sure You Take Precautions to Stay Safe.
Your Biggest Enemy is the Sun!
Always wear Sunscreen on the parts of your body that are exposed to the Sun (arms, legs, face, etc.)Wear Sunglasses and a Hat!
Stay Hydrated and wear proper clothing for your event. If you are going into the ocean make sure to have a properly fitting wet suit and life preserver/life jacket. Stay aware of your surroundings as well as the conditions around you.
Never fall asleep in the sun!
Southeast Asian Water Festival In Lowell, Ma
Looking For Something To Do This Summer?
- Southeast Asian Water Festival in Lowell, MA: Photo Journey Map Directions Information Parking Food
The Southeast Asian Water Festival in Lowell, MA is held on the third Saturday of August every year. This article is a display of the events through Original Photos (Are You in one of them?) and descriptions of the Festival's Vendors and Events...
Tropical Cambodia: Visit Srok Khmer!
- About Cambodia, Srok Khmer: Facts, Fun, and Photos: A Guide To Cambodian Culture
Cambodia has a long and interesting history, including one of the worst atrocities to ever happen to a single country. The Khmer Rouge killed millions of innocent people in this genocide. This article includes recent pictures that my wife took...
The Canon PowerShot Series
Need To Take Pictures of Your Vacation? Check Out this Camera!
- An Awesome Camera for All Your Summer Fun!
Are You a First Time Buyer Looking For an Affordable Camera that takes Great Photos and Video? If you are looking for a camera that takes high quality pictures and video, you may want to consider the Canon PowerShot A2200.
Seasoned Cast Iron
Going Camping? Be Sure To Use Cast Iron Cookware Over Your Open Fire!
- Cast Iron Cookware: Tips on How to Store and Clean Your Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Oven Pans With
This article is all about Cast Iron Cookware: Benefits, Seasoning Techniques, Cleaning and Storage to keep your Cast Iron in Great Shape! Photos included!
Read All Summer!
Keep Your Kids Reading All Summer with This Summer Reading List!
- Top 10 Books to Read For Teens and Young Adults: A Reading List To Keep Kids Reading All Summer! Mor
Getting your teens to read is not always an easy task! You have to supply them with books they will be interested in or you are wasting your time! In this Hub Article we will explore the Top 10 Best Selling Books for Teens.
Enjoy Your Summer!
More by this Author
The mind is a terrible thing to waste. This is very true and research suggests that the body and mind have a distinct relationship with each other to fight against deadly disease. Here are some tips.
Water is the most precious and necessary element on earth. Without it, nothing could survive. It pains me to think that there is so much water on this earth, but since most of it is Non-Potable...
Learn about cast iron cookware and its benefits and how to season, clean, and store it.