Why should you stop Smoking Cigarette ? 12 Reasons to Quit the Habit
12 Reasons to Stop Smoking
"A single cigarette can reduce the blood supply to your skin for over an hour."
"On average, each cigarette shortens a smoker's life by around 11 minutes."
"Over 80 cancer giving ingredients are present in a single Cigarette".
Smoking is one habit I cannot tolerate at all. That is the case with Majority of women. It is noticed that many start smoking just for fun or to get noticed by others and later it becomes a habit which they find it difficult to stop despite of their continuous efforts. Several people are seen sticking on to healthy diet and exercises but still continue smoking which makes the entire efforts of the individual to go down the drain.
Every one who smokes knows that ‘Smoking is injurious to health’. But did you know that Over 80 cancer giving ingredients are present in a single Cigarette? Cigarettes contain more than 4000 chemical compounds and at least 400 toxic substances. Most people know that smoking can cause lung cancer but it can also cause many other debilitating and life threatening illnesses. Cardiovascular disease is one such disease which causes of death due to smoking. Some Research done on this subject has shown that smoking reduces life expectancy by seven to eight years.
Why should you stop smoking today? Given below are 12 Reasons for stopping this habit.
Why should you stop Smoking?
Here are 12 Reasons to quit smoking today.
- Smoking raises blood pressure, one of the major causes for heart attacks and stroke.
- Smoking reduces life expectancy. You pay a higher insurance premium if you are a smoker.
- Increased chances of Cancer and several other debilitating and life threatening illnesses.
- Smoking is very much an addiction, similar to heroin and cocaine. It can burn a hole in your pocket. Think of how much money you are spending per year on smoking. Quitting smoking is a way to stretch your Bucks.
- Couples who smoke are more likely to have fertility problems. Also the children born to such couples are likely to have more health problems.
- If you suffer from conditions like Asthma, Smoking can worsen the condition and counteracts with medication.
- Smoking stains your teeth and gums.
- Smoking also affects your looks as it reduces the blood supply to the skin and lowers levels of vitamin A. It can also affect eyesight.
- Smoking can cause impotence and risks like erectile dysfunction.
- Care for others: Show some care for others. You are polluting the air we smoke. Remember that passive smoking can affect or bring complications like asthma, asthmatic bronchitis, allergies etc.
- Smoking ruins your sense of taste and smell.
- The foul smell in the mouth and clothes of smokers are not liked by majority of females.
Stopping smoking is the single biggest gift you can give yourself and others around you as it has only bad effects. But it needs tremendous will power and expert help as you may suffer from withdrawal symptoms. Alternate therapies like acupuncture and hypnosis are highly effective in stopping this habit.
Why should you Stop Smoking - Video
© 2009 Anamika S
More by this Author
The popularity of Munir Khan and his so called miracle drug Body Revival is a typical example of how Networking and smart marketing can work. This con doctor cum Scientist sold his product which promises to cure cancer,...
Rudraksha beads have to be genuine and not fake to get the health benefits out of it. There are some tests used for identifying real rudrakh from a fake and confirming the authenticity of the beads.
Every man wants good wife, but many women do not know what qualities or virtues she should have to be the ideal and perfect ones. Here are 12 of them.