Interrupt Normal and Refresh Your Life
What About Refreshing Our Daily Lives?
Whether it’s the dog days of summer or the long dreary days of winter there are seasons when it seems that everything in life has turned the color of dull. We can feel drained and/or trapped by a running current of normal that feels colorless and we need a refreshment.
Don’t get blindsided by the apathy of any season's monotony that stains life with a stagnant hue. Whether it is the winter blahs or summer's tiring brightness, taking time to think through what can be done to interrupt our normal and get an energizing new take on daily living is always a good plan.
Making the decision to change a few small things is often the way to paint new life into days that seem to roll over us like a pepetual tide. Now's the time to interrupt the ordinary and refresh your way of life!
Why Bother to Change Life Up a Bit?
The stale seasons this hub is about do not come from unusual circumstances that require a change in lifestyle for a period of time, such as when dealing with an illness or accident over long weeks or months, or when a job situation requires a move and all the complication it can bring.
We’re talking about nothing special here, just life going on pretty much all the same, except perhaps that it’s very hot or very cold, or that there’s a very long wait on something simple, or we’re working through a long-term project or process that is important but which is just a plain matter-of-fact something that we need to see through to the end.
These are not the delightful springs of life when everything is new and bursting with life, nor life's beautiful falls when autumn's fruits and vegetables and leaves and crisp air are in their glory. They are those winters and summers when life seems to be in a lull and we need to buoy ourselves up so we can maintain a good pace in normal living.
Recognizing we are in such a season, no matter what month we're in, is an opportunity to figure out how to override the temptation to fall into lifeless routine so we can avoid a suspended mind set and its pitfalls that will impede our progress on every level.
We want to go through an ordinary season successfully by learning, growing, and stretching ourselves to grow more. What we need are some simple steps that will help us turn the tide and refresh life before the doldrums bring our motivation and creativity to a halt.
The photos below are of a few of my hubs guaranteed to change up daily life and give your normal a refreshing facelift!
Painting an Accent Wall is Easy and Fun
5 Ways You can Refresh Day to Day Life
Interrupt your normal and change the monotony!
1. Begin on a personal note and a) get a haircut--either an extra good shape up or a whole new style, b) buy a new top to match an out fit you already own or buy a new multi-use accessory such as a bag, wallet, scarf, or gloves--at the very least, buy a new shade of lipstick or a new fishing hat. I know this is two items for number one, but they will work together to brighten your days in layers.
2. Take a few minutes to think through your meals and plan some really different (and healthy) lunches or dinners for a few weeks. Every Tuesday and Thursday could be change up mealtime at home and/or at work. If it’s cold out, make a big sunshine citrus salad. If it’s hot, make up a big batch of fruit filled popsicles to have on hand. You can also check out ideas like a nutty menu or one that focuses on economy. Then there's always a new dessert!
3. Choose one wall in one room--kitchen, dining, living, or bedroom--and pick a bold new color for it that will enliven the entire space. You don’t have to paint a whole room to refresh and invigorate its look. A bonus is that if you do just one wall you can usually afford to change it frequently if you so desire. You can experiment with a view of completely redoing the room eventually. If painting a wall is impossible, redo a piece of furniture or accent piece with paint.
4. Make some seasonal slipcovers for throw pillows in the living room or bedrooms. Maybe even for dining chairs in the kitchen or dining room. The simplest ones are fast and easy with only 4 straight seams, but they can be decorated in any number of happy ways to personalize them for your spaces.
5. Begin learning an unfamiliar needle craft which is easy to pick up and put down according to your schedule. Start practicing basic crochet or knitting. You have great choices such as crewel, cross stitch, or needlepoint. Making fishing lures is also the kind of hobby you can start small with, but which is easy to interrupt and go back to if need be.
Change Up Your Normal Route--Plan a Refreshment!
Map out a plan for changing up a monotonous season of life.
Take a Refreshing Approach to Everyday Life
As you think through these ideas, others that suit your life and preferences will probably come to mind. Just remember, they do not have to be changes that upset your circadian rhythm, nor do they have to be so colossal that they overwhelm and derail you. Anything like that would thwart the goal.
The ideas need to be simple yet noticeable. Perk up your daily life with more than a determination to stick to your exercise routine or add more fiber to your diet. Enjoy living your life with some simple pleasures by taking a refreshing look at your normal.
On The Go With Citrus Salad:
Take an Extended Break from Routine:
You'll love perusing this site even if you decide to stay home.
More by this Author
Your insomnia may well be caused by products containing artificial sweeteners! Do you know how the brain responds to these products and what is being reported by consumers who have used them?
If you have struggled with thyroid hormone replacement medications like Synthroid, generics, and other alternatives you may find Tirosint to be the solution you need.
Creating a crochet edge on flannel for a baby blanket is an easy craft project that makes well-recieved presents. This is Number 3 in a series on crochet edging baby gifts