Remedies to Stop Sweating
Natural Remedy for Excessive Sweating
Excessive sweating is known as hyperhidrosis. There are natural remedies for excessive sweating. Hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating or profuse perspiration affects up to 3% of the world's population. It may seem to you that you are the only one suffering from this problem but the reality is millions of people suffer from hyperhidrosis. Take comfort in the fact that there are remedies to stop sweating.
What is hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating?
With millions of people suffering from this condition, you would think there would be more awareness of hyperhidrosis. This is probably because most people suffer in silence. They may feel embarrassed to discuss their condition with their friends and perhaps even their health care provider.
Sweating is a natural part of the body's function. The purpose of sweating is to regulate our body's core temperature. In some people, their system is operating at a higher level than is necessary to regulate the body's temperature. This is known as hyperhidrosis, or excessive sweating.
Natural Remedies to Stop Excessive Sweating
A trip to the drug store shows that there is no shortage of conventional medical products in the market to stop excessive sweating. The problem is most of these products are targeting the symptoms rather than targeting the cause. A more practical approach therefore would be to take a holistic view and treat the whole person and try to get to the root of the problem.
Excessive Sweating Cures
One holistic form of medicine is homeopathy. Homeopathic medicine is one of the cures for excessive sweating. A homeopath will not just treat the symptoms which is often the case in allopathy. A homeopath will look at the whole person as well as the pathological condition. There are over 2,000 homeopathic remedies available to homeopaths. In treating excessive perspiration, there are over 200 homeopathic remedies that a homeopath would consider for each patient. This means that there is no one recommendation of homeopathic medicine that can be suggested online for someone suffering from hyperhydrosis. However, hyperhidrosis can be treated successfully by a trained homeopathic practitioner.
Other alternative treatments for excessive sweating include acupuncture and herbal remedies. Sometimes acupuncture and herbal remedies are used in conjunction with each other.
Home Remedies for Excessive Sweating
- Tomato Juice - try drinking tomato juice each day for a week and then every other day for the next week and see if this helps your condition.
- Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey - two teaspoons of each taken on an empty stomach three times a day.
- Excessive body hair retains sweat and bacteria, shaving under the armpits will help.
- Hemp or cotton clothing are better clothing options than synthetic fibers.
- Avoid tight fitting clothes. In hot weather try to wear sandals when possible without socks.
- Shower or bathe daily and wash yourself thoroughly.
- Wash your clothes often, especially your underwear and socks.