Hear my Cries of Pain~A Poem
Depression can Lead to Suicide
Depression requires a medical diagnois
- The persistent feeling of sadness or loss of interest that characterizes major depression can lead to a range of behavioral and physical symptoms. These may include:
- Changes in sleep, appetite, energy level, concentration, daily behavior, or self-esteem.
- Depression can also be associated with thoughts of suicide.
- Mood Changes: anxiety, apathy, general discontent, guilt, hopelessness, loss of interest, loss of interest or pleasure in activities, mood swings, or sadness
- Sleep: early awakening, excess sleepiness, insomnia, or restless sleep
- Whole body: excessive hunger, fatigue, loss of appetite, or restlessness
- Behavioral: agitation, excessive crying, irritability, or social isolation
- Cognitive: lack of concentration, slowness in activity, or thoughts of suicide
- Weight: weight gain or weight loss
- Also common: poor appetite or repeatedly going over thoughts
Poem about Suicide
Your cries of pain Float
and Disintegrate like ashes
Past childhood memories
plague you in flashes
by those with like-blood
Cause emotional rivers overflow
crashing-crushing, inner flood
Praying for the will to stand tall
trying to look strong, amidst the storm
Dangerous chaotic, winds of change
mute colorful hues to invisible form
Dark Clouded thoughts Beckon
White Knuckling your grip
to all you hold dear
Rushing waters too strong to fight
dam of pain breaks-overrides the light
Voices of dread growing louder
life unravels~ constant upheaval
Trying hard to spark some fight
in a tunnel of despair and evil
No energy left to move forward in hope
nightmare winning it's downward quest
Tear drenched pillow, one last breath
no more pain-eternal rest...
Tribute to a Friend and Co-Worker
This poem is dedicated to a past co-worker and friend. A compassionate, wounded healer who gave years of service to helping others in the social work/mental health field. A suicide is always tragic, but knowing it was a woman who helped so many in their time of need but could not find a way to help herself, makes it all more painful and difficult to bear. RIP my dear friend.
Have you ever lost anyone to suicideSee results without voting
Surviving Suicide of a Loved One
© 2012 Linda Rogers
More by this Author
This article will cover the definition of Lucid Dreaming and how anyone can learn how to have a Lucid dream.
The painful story of how I lost friends after I was diagnosed with cancer. I'd heard from my cancer therapist that it's actually a common phenomenon, but I never thought it would happen to me.
A delicious and easy cucumber salad recipe. I've tried every kind of cucumber salad, and this one is my favorite.