Review: The WaterPik Waterflosser Cordless Plus for Oral Hygiene
Be honest... How many of us wake up the day of our dental appointment feeling "excited"? Not that dentists are bad guys because they are not. I love my dentist and his assistants; I just feel like a cat is scratching a chalkboard when I am in the dental chair getting my teeth cleaned.
Everything we eat and drink ends up our teeth. Well, duh! Such an obvious statement, but have you looked at some people's teeth or smelled their breath? PeeeYew!! There are things that can help minimize the plaque.
The worst part about sitting in that dental chair is the scraping of the plaque build up. What is plaque? It is the build up on our teeth left from what we eat and drink. Plaque is bacteria that weakens our tooth enamel and deteriorates our gums. If untreated, you will have cavities and you will have painful visits to the dentist, and you may lose your teeth.
My plaque seemed to be worse when I got braces in my 30's. I thought I was flossing and brushing correctly, but when I went to the dentist for my teeth cleaning... Holy cow, that was excruciating - the feeling, the scraping sound, and worst, the sound of the drill. Every muscle in my body tensed up, and I white knuckled the arms of the dental chair as if I were in a dive-bombing plane.
My orthodontist advised me to get a WaterPik. It was so soothing to my sore gums, and it made "flossing" my teeth so much easier than working the floss around my teeth. I was so thankful to have one. I didn't have to worry about the plaque buildup, but it was not the easiest utility of convenience I ever used. Then...
My New WaterPik Cordless Plus Discovery
When I got my braces taken off, I didn't want to give up my WaterPik. The only problem was that it was so messy, and putting the parts together each day became tedious. I quit using it... Please don't judge me.
All right, all right, I didn't completely quit because I missed the way my gums and teeth felt. I started searching for something more user-friendly, and I found it: a hand-held, cordless WaterPik Waterflosser. Genius!!
This handy gadget does not need to be assembled every time you need to use it. You simple fill the reservoir with water and make sure it has been charged, and you are ready to go.
Benefits of Using the WaterPik Cordless Waterflosser
- It keeps plaque from building up so your teeth don't rot and/or cause you pain and other physical ailments that will harm your health.
- It removes already existing plaque - claiming up to 99.9% plaque removal.
- It is less messy and easier to use than a regular WaterPik.
- You do not have to worry about water and electricity mixing because you can charge it then unplug it while you use it.
- Once it is charged, you can use it throughout the house... I don't know why you would want to do so, but there may be a reason you do not want to be at your bathroom sink.
- You can mix your favorite mouth wash.
- Will save you money in the long run because you will not be paying for dental procedures from the damage plaque causes.
- Your kids will love you for giving them something so easy to use with their braces, which also keeps them from getting that lecture about taking care of their teeth from the orthodontist and dentist. I am hear to tell you, have empathy for those with braces.
Features on the WaterPik Water Flosser
- An easy to fill water reservoir.
- Four different tips that can be used for general use or for special dental needs:
- The Jet TIp - for general use
- The Plaque Seeker Tip - great for those of us with crowns, implants, and bridges
- The Orthodontic Tip - great for braces
- The Tongue Cleaner - for fresh breath
- 360 degree rotation for tips for hard to reach places.
- Dual pressure control system - your gums and teeth may be sensitive in the beginning and the low setting will be needed. Later, as your gums and teeth heal, you can use the higher pressure setting for deep cleaning.
- Rechargeable - no batteries needed (detachable cord included)
- A two year warranty
- Takes up less space, and does not create the same mess as the regular WaterPik
- A non-slip grip
The One Drawback of the Cordless WaterPik Waterflosser
I love everything about my WaterPik Waterflosser, from the easy, user-friendly design to the way it helps fight the plaque keeping me out of the dentist's chair, except for cleanings.
BUT, there is one thing I miss that the original WaterPick has... It held more water. Now, the new portable one clearly states on the box that you have 45 seconds of use when the water reservoir is full, but I like to linger as the jets massage my gums.
No worries, though, it is easy to refill and keep going.
My gums and teeth love me for it, and I love how it makes my mouth feel.
I give this product 5 stars!
© 2012 Susan Holland
More by this Author
Some of us do not feel comfortable hearing the cracking and popping when being adjusted by a regular chiropractor. Alternative chiropractic services offer a much gentler way of adjusting vertebrae back into place.
Anxiety, stress, and panic attacks take a toll on our mental and physical health. Learn how you can stop anxiety naturally. Being overwhelmed and stressed affects every part of our body causing physical and mental...
If you are a teacher, you have had to deal with a disruptive class. Here are tips for dealing with that disruptive class in order to calm the class and save your sanity.